*Eight*

"Dad? You home?"

"Y/n? Thank god. I need you to watch your brother for me. I have to go to the hospital."

You looked down to the four year old that had his hands attached to your fathers pants and gave him a smile. He gave you a tiny wave and moved aside.

"Y/n are you going to stay with me while Daddy goes to see Mommy?"

"Yes, we're going to have lots of fun ok?"

"Ok!"

You father grabbed his things and walked over to you.

"I'm sorry I made you leave early. I hope your not too upset with me."

"I'm not upset with you. Go to the hospital, it took all day for me to get here anyway."

"Ok, I appreciate this. I'll probably spend the night at the hospital. She's on bed rest right now and can go into labor any minute."

"It's fine, Braden and I can have some fun."

"Ok then... I'll be back."

You watched as your father walked out the door leaving you and Braden alone together. Now all you had to do was try to figure out how to babysit a four year old for the day.

"So Braden, what do you wanna do?"

"Can we go to your house?"

"My house? Why?"

"Because you have that big TV and those cool chairs."

"My bean bag chairs? Is that what you mean?"

"Mhm. You have candy and stuff too."

"I don't think Dad would be too happy if I gave you candy."

"Pleaseeeee."

"Fine, good thing Dad left your car seat."

"Let's go!"

"Don't go outside without me!"

After you chased your brother down. You strapped him in his car seat that was now set up in your car and hopped in the front. The drive to your house wasn't too long, only about fifteen to twenty minutes. Once you parked and helped Braden out you looked over at a car that was parked on the side street.

Its like I can't escape him. Now I'm seeing Connie's car on my street.

"Y/n! There's a hobo sitting on your porch."

"Hey! I'm not a hobo!"

"Connie? So that was your car! What are you doing-"

His hand wrapped around your wrist and he pulled you into his chest while his opposite arm snaked around your waist holding you. He dipped his head down to yours and pressed your lips together for a quick moment.

"Ewww. Y/n! You keep doing that and you'll be like Mommy and Daddy."

"Braden, what?"

"If you keep kissing the hobo you'll be like Mommy and have a baby in your tummy."

"That's not that how that-"

Connie's eyes locked with yours and he smiled. "In a way he's not wrong."

"Connie! Wait...what the hell are you doing here?"

"I decided that I wasn't going to wait for you to come back, so I came to you."

"You drove this far..."

"I'd drive one thousand miles if it meant I could apologize to you."

"Apologize?"