Long Lost and on the Run

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure I understand the complete picture of why all this unraveled the way it did, and them keeping it from me, but I will do my best to understand." I tell her, as my thumb strokes her cheek softly. 

"I am sorry, Y/n. I am sorry for the way I talked to you, that was not fair of me. I understand if you really want to be left alone, or if you want to yell at me or scream, I deserve that much." I tell her sadly.

She takes my hand and kisses the inside of my palm a few times before placing our hands in her lap. 

"I was upset by what you chose to say, but it doesn't matter. I knew you were upset and I know everything came as a shock to you. I just want you to know that I didn't intentionally keep it from you, I had to get him to surgery and I came to tell you right after." She tells me.

"I know, baby. I know now that you did everything right. You did everything right." I tell her with sad eyes. "I've been a horrible fiancée for the past couple of hours and I am sorry." I say innocently.

"Don't say that, you had a normal reaction to finding out very big news." She tells me sternly. "I very much would like to kiss you right now." I tell her. Before I manage to say anything else, she brings herself close to me.

She softly placed her lips on mine. It was a kiss I needed more than I even knew. She pulled away and rested her forehead on mine. Her hands were wrapped around my neck softly and my hands were around her waist. We stayed like this silently for what felt like forever.

"Do you want to meet them? They are the sweetest kids and they kind of look like you. Blonde hair, blue eyes. They are polite and kind, and they look out for each other. I can bring you to their room and leave you to meet them if you want." She says with such love in her eyes. " I want you to stay with me. I want them to know who you are to me. And they know and trust you already. I am still a stranger to them." I tell her.

"They will love you when they know who you are." She tells me. "Just like I do." She says with a smile. "I love you, Y/n." I tell her. "I love you, Arizona." She says to me. 

She pulls me in for a lingering kiss. She pulls away and rests her head on my mine again. "I'll meet you back at the hospital, I didn't bring my car so I have to run back." She tells me.

"I'm actually kind of offended." I tell her with a pout. She looks at me confused. "I have a perfectly good car that fits more than just myself in." I tell her.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted to be alone." She tells me with a pout. "I came to find you because when we got engaged, you told me your hiding spot because you never wanted to actually be alone. You wanted me to come and find you. So I don't want to be alone now, I want you to be with me." I tell her sweetly. "Come on, we have to go see our niece and nephew." I tell her sweetly. 

She gives me a smile and says, "ours?" 

"Tim would have loved you and been ecstatic that you were their aunt as well. I can't think of someone better to go through this with, nor do I want to find out. Come on, baby. Let's go see them." I tell her and stand up. I reach out her hand for her to take, which she gladly does.

Y/n's POV

We are back at the hospital and Arizona has been nervously squeezing my hand ever since we left the bench at the park. 

I do my best to reassure her and tell her it was okay. We sneak kisses every so often and just reassure each other.

I spot Callie, Alex, and Mer off in the distance and give them a smile and nod. I hope they understood that was a good thing. They all give me a smile back. 

We reach the peds floor after I go change into my scrubs again and I stop Arizona before their room. "You ready? We don't have to go in there if you aren't ready." I reassure her. "I'm ready, baby. I have you with me, I am ready to conquer anything." She says to me confidently.

I wrap my arms around her and bring her in for a soft, short kiss. I give her a nod and lead her to the room. I knock on the door and let myself in. Timmy was still in bed and Sammy was on the cot they brought in for her.

"Hi Dr. Y/n! Look what we drew for you!" Timmy says holding up a drawing. I over to him and look the drawing. "Thank you, buddy. I love it! I'll hang it in my office!" I tell him with a huge smile. 

"Oh, Dr. Y/n! We made this for your financ--" Sammy starts, "oh, I can't say it!" She says with a pout. "Fiancée, Sammy. You were close!" I tell her. "We made it since she has the same last name as us." She tells me with a smile.

"Actually, that is who I wanted you to meet. This is Dr. Robbins." I tell them, motioning for Arizona to come next to me as I take her hand.

Sammy waves me over so she can whisper in my ear. "She's really pretty." She says, but loud enough for Arizona to hear. "I know, isn't she?" I tell them. Arizona starts to laugh.

"Okay, you two. We need to be serious for a bit. Can we put our serious faces and hats on? I have something important to tell you." I tell the two of them. They nod to me and use their hats as if to put on their serious hats. 

"Okay, so you know how this is Dr. Robbins? Her first name is Arizona. Just like your middle name, Sammy?" I ask them, still holding Arizona's hand. They both nod.

"Well, this is your daddy's sister. This is your Auntie Arizona." I tell them, waiting for their reaction to it. "Auntie Arizona?!" Sammy says first and jumps up. "Auntie Arizona!!" She says again and comes running towards Arizona. She runs into Arizona and wraps her arms around her legs. Arizona brings her hands around the little girl. 

Sammy hugs her, not wanting to let go. I look up at Timmy and he has a big smile on his face and tears running down his cheeks. I go over to him to comfort him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Timmy, it's Auntie Arizona! It's really her." Sammy keeps repeating. She drags Arizona over to Timmy. Timmy holds his arms out for her to come in to hug him. "Hi, Auntie Arizona. It's very nice to finally meet you." Timmy says calmly as Arizona goes in to hug him.

"It's nice to meet you too, Timothy." She tells him. "That's my daddy's name. I go by Timmy." He says to her. "Oh, okay. Then hi, Timmy." She says with a smile.

It was so nice to seem them together now. It was almost as if there wasn't seven years between their meeting.