Chapter 11

"It says to take a left here Kuvira." Korra said, reading the directions off from her phone. Goggle maps probably wasn't the best option, but Kuvira didn't seem to have a satnav.

"Roger that." The car rocks them to the side slightly as they take a turn down a different road. With a quick glance, Kuvira looked over the items in her boss's hands.
"So.. who's the lucky girl?"

Korra stopped looking out the window and down to the bottom of wine that rested between her legs.
"What?"

"You're going on a date right?" Kuvira asked, glancing over to Korra's phone, just making sure she was going the right way.

Korra huffed and when she did, her bottom lip stuck out in order to blow a strand of hair out of her face.
"No."

They came to a red light and Kuvira slowly pressed on the breaks. She rested her elbow on the wheel and turned to her boss with a smug smile on her face.
"You're dressed to impress, you've brought a bottle of wine and a bouquet of flowers and you're telling me you're not going on a date?"

"It's for work purposes only." Korra replied.

Kuvira faced the road again when the lights turned green.
"Mhm.. sure."

After a few more twists and turns, Korra's phone finally announced their arrival. And the two women have never been so astonished.
"Okay.. that's an abnormally large house." Kuvira chuckled as she pulled up at the end of the driveway.

It was indeed a big house, the kind in which most kids dreamed of growing up. Secluded among trees on one of republic cities most exclusive streets, it had gables, dormers, a few balconies, a screened-in front porch, a free-standing garage that was pushed to the side along with the gazebo; and Korra definitely thought that there was a pool inside, the absolute dream.
"Holy shit." She muttered, her breath condensing on the car window. It had to be Asami, she must still have the money they're looking for. Unless this woman had been saving up since the age of 2 but that's most unlikely.

Kuvira had unbuckled her seat belt to get a better look.
"Who the hell asked you out? The fucking Queen?"

"Asami." Korra answered, still lost in amazement.

Kuvira snapped her gaze to her boss.
"Asami! Seriously? She asked you out to dinner?"

Korra shook herself back to reality.
"I only accepted because I think she's linked to Mako." she said.
"And by the looks of this house, I think she might be."

"I think that's complete bullshit but whatever you say boss." Kuvira sighed and unlocked the doors with a press of a button.
"I'll be around town so if anything happens, or you need a quick get away, just give me a ring and I'll be right over."

"Nothing will happen." Korra rolled her eyes.

"Well don't jinx it. Mako might pop out the bushes."

Korra rolled her eyes once again and got out the car abruptly.
"You're not funny." The car door was slammed shut.

The cool air brushed against her skin, already fueling her nerves. Korra shook her head and straightened herself up, but before she could take the hike up to the huge house Kuvira begun to roll down the car window. Korra turned around, watching as the window descended painfully slow, revealing a smug Kuvira leaning over in her seat.
"You forgot the wine hotshot." She said and held the green bottle out the window.

Korra sighed and took the bottle carefully into her own hands.
"Thanks."

"Seriously though Boss." Kuvira said and she flashed her boss a genuine smile.
"Have fun, live a little."