š”…š”Æš”¬š”Øš”¢š”« š”‡š”¦š”£š”£š”¢š”Æš”¢š”«š” š”¢š”°

"𝔉𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰?"

"𝔉𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰."

~ ~ ~

Newt walks to school, anxious. Well, more anxious than usual. He plays with the drawstrings on his sweatshirt as he walks into the building. He opens the door to the math room. Thomas isn't there yet. He hates how upset that makes him.

Newt sits in his seat and takes out a pencil. He taps it nervously on the table until Thomas walks in. 

"God!" Newt says. "Where were you?!"

Thomas doesn't respond. Newt looks at him. His eyes are red and tears stain his cheeks.

"Hey," Newt says. "What's wrong?"

Thomas still doesn't answer. He pulls his hood over his head. "Just leave me alone."

Newt looks at him, increasingly concerned. "Tommy, wh-"

"Isaacs, stop it." Thomas snaps. "Just stop it."

Tears form in his eyes. "Did I do something?" Newt asks. "Thomas, what is wrong?"

"Damn it, Newt!" Thomas says, slamming his hand on the table. "Just leave me alone!"

Newt gets up and walks out of the room, ignoring the shouts of the teacher trying to stop him. He runs into the the bathroom and sinks to the floor. Tears fall out of his eyes, stinging his cheeks. 

What the hell is wrong with Thomas? Did he do something? He groans, running a hand through his hair. Then, his phone vibrates in his pocket. He takes it out. Minho. He clicks the answer button and tries to sound like he hasn't been crying.

"Hey, Minho." He says hoarsely. "What's up?"

"You sound horrible." Minho says.

"No, I don't." Newt says. "Why did you call?"

"That's...that's...nevermind." Minho says. "Talk to me. What's wrong?"

"I don't know." Newt sighs. "It's nothing."

"Liar." Minho says. "You always do that. Stop doing that."

"Doing what?" Newt asks. 

"Saying your fine when we both know you are not." Minho says.

"I am! I'm fine! Don't worry about it!" Newt says. "Just tell me why you called."

"It's really not important." Minho insists. "But there's something wrong with you. And I need you to tell me right now."

"You'd think it's stupid." Newt says, wiping at his eyes. "It's barely anything. I better go. I left math class."

"Newt, I-" Minho starts.

"Bye, Minho." Newt says and hangs up. 

Newt sets his phone down next to him and puts his head in his hands. He really does have to go back to class. He stands up and looks in the mirror. He looks like he's been crying but honestly at this point he doesn't care.