"It looks like someone had fun," Klaus said, smirking.

"Why are you doing this to him? What good does it do? You're already the strongest being out there, I highly doubt you need ripper Stefan to help you out."

"What makes you think I'm not doing this just because I can?"

"Because, you're better than that."

Klaus' smirk dropped and he immediately frowned. "You don't know anything about me. The proof in that is written on the walls. Two days ago, you didn't even know that Niklaus was actually me. I saw the look in your eyes, the fear in them when you saw me stab my brother. You were terrified."

"Yeah, and I saw the look in your eyes when you compelled me to leave. And when you had Stefan break his own brother's neck to save me," I said, standing up. "I'm going to get some air. And I wasn't terrified, I was worried, there's a difference," I said, walking passed Klaus and out the door.

The second the door closed behind me, I let out a shaky sigh. Not of fear, but of annoyance. Annoyance that he was partly true. I didn't know much about him, just what others had told me. But the way he acted towards me in the bar proved that he couldn't just be all those things.

Klaus Mikaelson is a killer, no doubt about that, but is he just the monster everyone makes him out to be?

Night came and went and thankfully, Klaus let me sleep in the Motel before we were back on the road. We were headed to a bar not too far from here called Southern Comfort Bar looking for a werewolf named Ray.

As we walked in, Klaus put his hand on my back, making me jump from the electric touch he gave me. He lightly pushed me to the bar, ordering me a rum and coke, fifty-fifty.

"It's like eleven clock in the morning."

"As you had once said, some people call it too early, some people call it too late," Klaus smirked, making me roll my eyes. Of course he would use his words against me.

A man walked in, being greeted by the bar tender, "What's up Ray?"

"Hey Red, get me a beer," The man, Ray said.

This was the man we were looking for.

"Stay here, enjoy your drink," Klaus mumbled to me before walking up to Ray.

I did my best to block Stefan and Klaus out, but even I couldn't not hear Klaus' voice. "A hybrid Ray. I'm both vampire and wolf. You see I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended Ray! I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them Ray?"

"You can't compel me, it won't work."

Why do they always put up a fight? I mean, we all know how this ends. Ray gets tortured, can't take the pain, and eventually tells them where the pack is. If only we could just jump to the last part.

The threats continued before Ray found himself chained to the wall, beaten and bloody. Everyone in the bar was compelled to, in a sense, ignore what was going on, meaning he was alone. I did my best not to look and focus on my poem book but his yelps and screams weren't helping.

Another dart, dipped in wolfbane is thrown, hitting Ray's arm and causing him to yelp in pain. Annoyed, I let out a sigh and turned to Klaus who was watching Stefan do the dirty work.

"I get your trying to get information from him, but can you do it quieter and less... bloody?"

Standing up and making his way over to me with a smirk, Klaus replied, "My apologize Little Butterfly, but Ray here doesn't seem to be too eager to be giving up his pack."

Klaus nodded for another drink for himself while I fully turned in the stool. "Why do you call me that, Little Butterfly?"

A single nod to my arm, where my butterfly tattoo sat made me roll my eyes. "That and you remind me of a butterfly. People think your weak and underestimate you. But one day, you'll grow into your true form and everyone will see that you are none of those things."

I scuffed, "You make it sound so violent."

"Possible it will be."

A woman, one of the waitresses who was compelled by Klaus, walked over to us. "Hello mister Klaus. I have some more information for you. You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw this guy's brother, the guys spotted Damon at the farm house."

"Well, thank you Claudine. You'll just tell your friends to keep up the good work or they're gonna watch her."

The girl walks away and Stefan walks up to us, clearly having heard the conversation. "My brother still on our trail?"

"He's getting closer, I'm gonna have to deal with that."

Stefan steps over, stopping Klaus from making any movements, "No, no, no! Let me handle it."

"Why should I let you leave?"

"Cause, you'll know I'll come back. You saved my brother's life; I'm at your service. I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us anymore," Stefan said.

I speak up, making both men look at me, "I can come and help."

Klaus speaks before Stefan can even get a word out, "Now, now Little Butterfly, your needed here. Besides, isn't the whole point of joining us to stay away from Damon?"

He was right, again.

Stefan looks at me, "I'll try and talk to him. But Klaus is right, until he calms down, you should stay here."

I scuffed and nodded to Stefan, "And you should grow a spine. What makes you think you can talk any sense into your brother?"

"I'll find a way," Stefan says before walking out of the bar.

Klaus and I were silent for a minute before I grabbed my booklet, "As much fun as watching you torture this guy is, I think I'm going to find a motel."

Stepping in my way, Klaus asked, "Why don't you give it a shot. You said it yourself, you're underestimated by everyone. Maybe torturing someone is just what you need."

"I doubt it," I said, about to walk away but he stopped me again. "Come on, it could be fun."

My eyes squinted at him, "Is that what this is, fun? Because if it was fun then you would do it without a care if he gave you the information or not. You need a pack to try and turn, he has one, you want to know where it is. Clearly torturing isn't working."

"And what ideas do you have?"

"Show him what the positives are to joining you. Because right now, he's just seeing the negatives." Klaus was silent, his face revealing the shock in it as I turned and left.

I found a Motel not too far away and got a room. I texted Klaus the place before looking at my contacts.

No one had called, no one had texted, no one had cared that I was gone. I didn't tell anyone I was leaving and it seemed either no one noticed or no one cared enough to wonder where I was.

Pushing onto Bonnie's number, I tried to call her. No answer. Next was Caroline. No answer. I even took a chance and called Damon's number in hopes of him picking up. No answer. Finally was my sister's number, hoping someone had it and I could hear a familiar voice. No answer.

By the way the calls rang for a second before going to voicemail showed that someone had seen me calling and was declining it. The repeated action made the tightness on my phone grow and tears to form in my eyes.

The final voicemail of my sister made me throw my phone, it hitting the wall before jumping on the ground. I could see from the bed that I had cracked the screen.

I wanted to punch something, kick something, anything to let this anger out. Instead, I pushed it inside of me like always and flipped through the TV channels in hopes of something to draw my mind away from Mystic Falls and Klaus.