Chapter 45 - Betrayal Revealed

Start from the beginning

Alex looks at J'onn and nods her head.

Lillian chuckles again, spitting some blood on the floor.

"You people, you think you are righteous, but you are all part of the problem. You protect aliens, but instead you should be protecting humans from those aliens." Lillian scoffs.

J'onn steps forward a shape shifts into his Martian form.

"I am an alien. The DEO protects both aliens and humans alike. We deal with alien threats. Sometimes that means protecting aliens from xenophobes like you, while other times it means protecting humans from bad aliens. Humans are not alone in having good and bad members of their society, you should know that better than most." J'onn says.

Lillian sneers at J'onn.

"It doesn't matter. If you are so righteous, sooner or later you will take me from here and I'll contact my lawyer and tell the world how the DEO has treated me. I can see it now, the headlines read 'DEO agent beats defenceless Lillian Luthor'. That would be quite the headline. The people of this planet would quickly turn on you all, and aliens in kind." Lillian smirks.

"J'onn." Alex says, her eyes going wide in worry.

"That isn't going to happen." J'onn says.

"No, it's not, because you are going to release me from custody, now, with no charges, and in turn I will forget about this little.... Incident." Lillian smirks.

"J'onn..." Alex says again, unsure as to what to do.

J'onn glares at Lillian Luthor for a moment, just thinking.

"Agent Danvers, leave us. I believe you need to issue an arrest warrant for James Olsen." J'onn says.

"J'onn." Alex says in a tone that says she doesn't want to go. Alex can't let J'onn release Lillian Luthor, even if that means that it will result in her own downfall.

"Go. That is an order." J'onn says, firmly, while looking at Alex.

Alex just stares at J'onn for a second, unsure what to do, so many thoughts just go through her mind.

"Trust me." J'onn says to Alex in her own mind.

Alex hesitates once more before nodding at J'onn and leaving the interrogation room, unblocking the door as she does. J'onn then waits a while for the two of them to be alone before returning his gaze to look at Lillian Luthor once more.

Lillian smirks at J'onn.

"I believe I am free to go then." Lillian says, smiling wickedly.

"No, that won't be happening." J'onn says, voice full of confidence.

Lillian's smirk briefly falls from her face, before quickly regaining her composure.

"Then my lawyer is going to have a field day when he finds out." Lillian smirks.

"No, that isn't going to happen either. As you won't remember this ever happened." J'onn says, his eyes turning red as he uses his psychic powers on Lillian's mind, erasing the memory of Alex beating her from it.

*******

Alex walks away from the interrogation room with her mission now to try and locate James. Alex honestly can't believe that James would stoop this low, would do this to Kara, just because he thinks Lena is a threat. But unfortunately, Alex could tell from how Lillian was talking, that it is true. Alex knows that the only reason Lillian offered up the information is because she knew it would hurt, a friend betraying you always does.

"Alex, are you okay?" Winn asks, noticing Alex walking out of the interrogation room, and now walking beside her.

"Yes, I'm fine. Do you know where James is going to be today?" Alex asks Winn.