Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My name is Aria Johnson. I was a normal teenage girl just chillin' with my friends in my home state Minnesota. I was in charge of my town's fan club for the one and only, magnificent, handsome, spectacular, gorgeous, Ian Border. I know all his music, his schedule, who he is friends with, and I also have all his posters on my wall. I know I seem like a creeper right now but even then I loved him (and I have an amazing memory). He was the one thing that inspired me the most. A lot of people didn't think I would achieve what I did, but I did.

I am popular. I have a lot of friends and people respect me. That doesn't mean I lead in everything I do. The only thing I have ever been in charge of was the Ian Border Fan club. I like my life the way it is. It is perfect for me even though I really want to be a singer, or a dancer, or maybe even an actress. I love to perform. When I perform for people I feel like I belong somewhere for the first time because I get to be someone else for a while and I have problems as that person and I know how those problems get fixed at the end.

Can I trust you guys? I would just like to say even though I am the leader of the Ian Border fan club. I have actually never seen him in person. I didn't go to the concert he had here. I didn't have enough money and I didn't even get stuff from my friend who went because she didn't have time to get me something. I have been in the same building he has been in but never at the same time.

My friends are awesome. Though most of them do not like Ian, they understand that is who I am and they treat me the same. They understand that everything that I want to do, my dreams and all, are inspired by him and his story. My other friends are through the fan club. They are awesome. Rarely there is nothing to talk about. I mostly hang out with them at school.

"Hey, did you get anything in the mail yet, that is, you know, important?" Leah asked.

"If you're referring to the letter saying our fan club won the meet Border contest then no. Sorry. I want it just as bad as you do if not more. But just remember we aren't the only ones that enter this contest. Millions of other girls did too." I told her.

"Millions of other girls did too. What?" Jamie asked.

"Signed up for the meet Border contest. Leah is convinced that we won."

"Why wouldn't we. We have the best writer ever writing the 'why we should win' paper." Leah said, "You are the best in the school."

"Am not. The seniors are better than me. I can prove it too."

"Oh do that and I will never talk to you again." Jamie said firmly.

"Why?" I did my puppy dog face and started to tear up as I said it.

"Because we want to believe that you are the best." Leah told me in her matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh and how is that supposed to make me feel if we lose? Huh answer me that, oh wait you can't because you know it won't." I said harshly. My two friends looked at me blankly and then we all just burst out laughing because we all know that's just not me. I'm not the type of person who gets mad very easily.

"Alright, were going to be late. See you guys at lunch." Jamie said. Me and Leah walk to our first hour class together. As long as I can remember we've been together, in the same class. It would be weird if we didn't.

"Do you think we are going to win?" I asked, "I mean, there are a ton of people who really want this, you know."

"Of course, why wouldn't we. We all know that you can be very persuasive when you want to be and when you wrote that its true. You were trying super hard to convince him that we need to win."

"Do you think he's even gonna read them or is he gonna have someone else read it for him and choose? 'Cuz if that happens we might be screwed."

"I don't know I think he's gonna read them, I mean why wouldn't he? Oh hey look its Brody"

"Oh shhhh you know he doesn't remember me I've already proven it to you. You've seen the messages. And I don't care that much anymore. I'm just mad that he won't talk to me. You know he defriended my from LookSpace for no reason."

"Wait he did! When was this? Why didn't you tell me this!!!"

"Oh I thought I did."

"You thought you did. Next time make sure. You know what I'm gonna go over there and give him a piece of my mind."

"Ohhhhh no you're not." I said as I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the corner to continue to class. "We are gonna forget about him, go to class and wait to get news on the contest ok?"

"Ya-no," She said as she pulled out of my grip and walked up to him.

I couldn't imagine what she's saying to him. Oh she looks mad. I hope he doesn't hurt her like he always hurt me. Oh he looks sooo strong right now. God I wish I could have the nerve to talk to him like Leah. Gosh he looks hot in that grey sweatshirt and his dark ripped jeans. Hmmm I think he's growing his hair out, ohhh I miss that Mohawk he had earlier this year. That had really grown on me. Ohh he looks mad now, oh no he's looking over here what do I do? Ohh ohh look at Leah look at Leah, oh he's too hot to ignore one glance that's it. ohh shoot he's glaring at me. Focus on Leah focus on Leah. Ok, ok she's walking back over here. She does have that 'I've accomplished something' look. I hope he's not too mad now.

"There it's done. I gave him my opinion."

"Good for you, now he's mad and STORMING OVER HERE!! Kk, time to run to class. GO!!!"

"Is he following?"

"I'm not turning around to look! You check!"

"Yeah he's following us,"

"There's the door go NOW!" We run through the door to class and I finally turned around and of course standing in the door was the one person I didn't want, Brody.

He motioned for me to come over and I gave Leah a look that said 'what do I do' and she gave me one that said 'listen and go over there'. So I decided I was going to be an idiot and went over to him.

"What the hell? Have your friend, not you, your friend, come over and yell at me for f-ing Ridge's hack!"

"Don't you dare tell me that Ridge did this. I know you did that on purpose. You've hated me since I got out,"

"Not true and you know it. You know I've always cared for you,"

"Well you sure had a funny way of showing it, gosh I figured you despised me I guess I was wrong. And one question,"

"What?"

"If Ridge unfreinded me and blocked me then why didn't you ever change it?"

"Cuz I didn't know he had done that. I knew he had hacked me I just didn't know he did that. Sorry I'll talk to him and change it."

"Alright, and wow,"'

"Huh?"

"The first time I've talked to you in person for what seven years it's about this and not 'how are you' or 'what have you been up to since the last time I've seen you'"

"I've never been one for small talk and you know it."

"Yeah I guess. I probably should go class it's about to start,"

"Yeah I've got to get to the other side of the building, talk to you later?"

"Yeah sure," i said rolling my eyes. I walked back over to Leah and sat down. I knew without even looking at her exactly what she looked like. "You don't want to know, I promise."

"Wasn't even gonna ask." she siad shyly knowing she had just been cauhgt. And that was that. Class started and the conversation was over.