Kara walked the few steps to Lena and kissed her. A kiss filled with every word they both felt, but were too scared to say yet. It was as if the world stopped turning. The kiss was soft and beautiful. Everything a kiss should be and more.

"I'll be back soon." Kara said as she rested her forehead to Lena's once their lips parted.

"Be safe." Lena replied.

"Always." And with that, Kara headed out for breakfast.

* * * * * * * *

Kara arrived at the DEO later that afternoon after getting her new assignment from Snapper.

"Finally. God Kara, where have you been?" Alex rushed over to her sister.

"Sorry, I got a late start today so it took longer at CatCo than expected." Kara was confused as to why Alex seemed so worried.

"You could've at least texted me." Alex hit Kara's shoulder. "So you're good? Not hurt or feeling weak or anything?" Alex studied her carefully.

"Yeah. Alex, I'm fine. What are - " Kara stopped talking when she realised why Alex was so anxious. "Oh... you're worried about - " Kara blushed deeply, not meeting Alex's eyes.

"Yeah, of course I was worried! I gave Lena - " Alex's voice lowered to a whisper, "kryptonite." Alex looked around, mostly just checking to make sure J'onn wouldn't over hear them. She knew he would want to know why she would do such a thing and she really did not want to have to explain it to him. "Are you sure you're okay? No lasting effects?" Alex said, turning her attention back to Kara.

"I'm fine Alex. Wonderful actually. Thank you for trusting Lena. And me." Kara wrapped her big sister into a hug. She knew how much it must've hurt Alex to give away something that could kill her, even if it was to Lena.

"Yeah yeah, you're welcome. I hope it worked." Alex finally started to relax now that she knew Kara was safe.

"It definitely worked." Kara couldn't hide her smile.

"Ew, yeah okay I get it. No need for details." Alex grimaced, trying not to think of her baby sister being defiled by Lena Luthor.

Kara laughed at Alex's expression. "Don't worry. Giving explicit details is just as awkward for me as it is for you." Alex pulled Kara into another hug.

"Now then, how about we go kick some alien ass?" Alex said, putting an arm around Kara's shoulders and leading her over to where Winn, Mon-El, and J'onn were waiting to brief her.

* * * * * * * *

Lena was relaxed on the couch in her apartment. After Kara had to leave for work, Lena decided that she would at least go over some emails. After all, she should try to get some type of work done today, even if she is far to spent to go into the office.

Lena's computer was in her lap, her back leaning against the arm rest, legs stretched out in front of her. She was in a simple white v-neck t-shirt with a pair of black yoga pants. She had a knit blanket draped over her legs. Kara got it for her as a gift, the blue of the blanket matching the blue of her suit.

As Lena finished the last batch of emails for L-Corp, there was a knock at the door.

Lena got up and looked through the peep hole, knowing that only a handful of people would ever come to her apartment. She smiled as she opened the door , seeing one of her favorite people in National City.

"Hey stranger. Long time no - whoa." Maggie stood in the doorway, holding a bottle of whiskey and takeout. She was staring at Lena.

"What?" Lena looked back at Maggie, confused.

The detective seemed to regain her composure enough to walk into Lena's apartment. Once the door was shut behind her, Maggie wheeled around to Lena with a huge, shit-eating grin spreading across her face. "So, I take it you had a fun time last night?" Her eyes drifted to Lena's exposed skin on her neck and chest.

Lena's eyes widened. She had taken a shower but hadn't paid much attention to what she looked like. She figured she probably had a hickey from last night but not one so bad as to cause this reaction. Her cheeks reddened under Maggie's knowing look. "Oh God. It can't be that bad. Can it?" She started walking towards the bathroom.

Maggie set down the food and alcohol. "You haven't noticed them? Oh I gotta see this."

Maggie followed Lena into her large restroom and watched as her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she saw herself. Lena brought her hand up to her neck, not believing it. Directly on her pulse point, she had a deep purple hickey. But Maggie's reaction was because it wasn't the only one. She had five more on her neck alone. She could see others on her collar bones, spreading across her chest. She raised the lower part of her shirt to show her stomach, and sure enough there were more near her ribs and hips. She was speechless. Part of her was pissed that Kara had marked her so heavily. The other part stirred with arousal because Kara made such an effort to claim her. But both parts agreed that she was sure as hell gonna repay the favor.

"Holy shit. Who knew little Danvers had it in her?" Maggie chuckled. Even she was shocked at the amount of marks Lena had.

"Not me." Lena tried not to laugh but even she couldn't help it. Maggie laughed with her. Lena looked ridiculous with so many marks on her.

"Well, I guess congratulations are in order. I'm assuming Alex finally caved?" Maggie spoke as they walked back over to the food, grabbing two glasses on the way.

"Yeah. And it was definitely worth the effort." Lena smiled as she poured their drinks.

They settled into a comfortable silence for a second as they setup their food. It had become a kind of tradition with them. Whenever they would get the dreaded "Got a case. Sorry. Be out late." texts from their respective girlfriends, they would meet at one apartment or the other and have dinner. Worrying was better with food, alcohol, and company.

"Soooo, " Maggie's voice was teasing. "Talk to me about Kara."

Lena couldn't help the smile on her lips or the pink now reaching her cheeks. "Where do I even start?"

They talked for hours. Back and forth about the Danvers sisters, work, life, occasionally glancing at the clock, worried about their girls.

They eventually decided to watch a movie to pass the time. They popped in some obscure crime thriller, trying not to think about what could be taking so long.

Around 2 am, Lena's balcony door slid open, Kara letting go of Alex as they walked in. They found their girls, asleep on the couch, leaning against each other. Kara turned off the T.V., which was replaying the title screen of some movie she didn't recognize. Alex walked over, stroked Maggie's hair lightly and placed a kiss on her forehead. Maggie woke up at the touch, subsequently waking Lena with her movement. Both of them breathed a sigh of relief as they got up and hugged their girlfriends.

"My bike is downstairs babe. Come on. We can go to my place. Goodnight you two." Alex led Maggie towards the door, closing it quietly as they left.

"I missed you." Kara breathed into Lena's hair, the shorter woman's arms still wrapped around her waist.

"I missed you too. Will you stay here tonight?" Lena didn't let go. Not yet. She knew Kara was bulletproof but that didn't help the ache in her heart when Kara was off saving the world.

"Of course princess. Let's go to sleep, okay?" Kara led Lena to bed, using her super speed to change into pajamas before Lena's head hit the pillow.

Lena settled against Kara. The little spoon like normal, only Kara no longer kept a space between them. Kara hugged her close.

"Just be glad it's so dark." Lena muttered, half asleep. "I'm pretty sure Alex would've imploded if she saw all the marks you left on me." Lena felt Kara smile against her neck. "Smile all you want darling." Lena smirked as she added "Payback's a bitch."

Kara giggled and placed a kiss to Lena's cheek as sleep took its hold of them both.