A 10000 word+ story

Winter:

Fourty years ago, I lived my life as a normal teenage girl. I worried about tests and homework, and I had my fair share of crushes. It wasn't until I turned sixteen that I truly met the love of my life. It was a weird journey to take, but I took it anyway. Looking back, I do not see how I could have done it any other way.

I was sitting in homeroom waiting for the tardy bell to ring. My teacher refused to do anything until it rung, so homeroom was pretty boring. My friends usually entertained my, but I just felt out of it that day. The Sunday before, I had turned sixteen, and since then, my head was just swimming with the random dreams that I was having at the time. I also had a hard time remembering what I did only a couple of days before. It was very troublesome.

Jena, Camron, and Wyatt were being as loud as ever when I finally saw the three new kids. Jena paused and let out a low whistle. She always had a thing for cute boys, but she never admitted it. I could not really disagree with her. I usually did like plain boys that wouldn't cause too much trouble, but these three were strange.

The first one had hair that came a little past his ears and bangs that covered his eyes. When a person did see his eyes, they could plainly see that his eyes were as cold as ice and as blue as the palest sky. He was also very pale. His skin was so light that a person could almost see through it. It reminded me of my own. His hair was that kind of blonde that was practically white. He was average in height, but he could never have been called short. His personality matched the snow that he so resembled, but I still thought he might be a friendly person.

The second guy was tall and lanky. He had curly brown hair and green eyes that made the girls swoon. He was always friendly, but I think that his kindness separated him from people. He seemed so close to everyone that he wasn't really close to anyone at all. I somewhat pitied him, but I also envied him. I felt like he was a person who had never experienced loss or hardship. He was just too happy.

The third one I hated. He was tall with a dark tan. He has short blonde hair and blue eyes. He always bragged about how strong he was, and he always had a new girlfriend. He was a womanizer. Guys admired him, and girls loved him despite how much it would hurt him. He was a bad guy that I could not stand. I still do not really care for him.

They all three sat together, and everyone stared. I thought something was wrong with everyone. I didn't understand how anyone could admire such sickly perfection. People are meant to be imperfect. If they are not imperfect, they are not human!

Jena just had to go over and say hello, and I went everywhere that my best friend went. We headed over there, but Jena chickened out last minute. I ended up having to go alone, so I would not look like a fool. I still was pretty foolish because I was not the bravest of people, and I was horrible at making conversation. I asked their names and where they came from. They would not tell me anything for where they came from, but they told me their names.

The one that resembled ice was named Kota. The one that was a happy monkey was named William, and the womanizer was Skylar. They seemed pretty easy to remember, so I decided I might greet them every now and then.

Later, I learned that the three of them were in most of my classes, and that really surprised me. I was a nerd, so I had advanced classes and thing like band. It was fun to have them along though. I just love seeing idiotic girls swoon and then get ground to dust. They need to understand what love actually is.

After a couple of weeks, I actually became the fourth in their group. We spent a lot of time together, and I got to know them a lot better. Kota wasn't really anti-social; he was shy. Will was actually a very considerate person. He said that he knew people had their own problems, so he wanted to make people feel better by being a happy person. Skylar was exactly as I thought him to be, but he was only like that because he was looking for a certain thing in a girl that would make him stay forever. He just hadn't found it. I never believed that mess.