Chapter 2

Taehyung's pov

I was standing next to the priest waiting for Y/n, my bride. I internally smirked as she was going to be my wife soon. I never planned for things to happen this way but things don't always go the way we plan for it to go.

When I asked my father to ask her hand for marriage her arrogant father denied. I was heartbroken. But when I heard who was about to marry her I got happy because I knew he already has a girlfriend because she was engaged to one of my close acquaintance. Mark was my friend so I got to know about him running away yesterday itself.

I saw Y/n walking down the aisle with her father beside her. She looked stunning like the first time I met her. I first met her in a business party but we only talked with eachother a few weeks back at a cafe. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her.

Finally she reaches near me, her father gives her hand to me.

"Take good care of her." Her father said.

"I will." I replied my eyes busy checking her out.

The venue was filled with gasps as they saw me in the place of the groom instead of Mark.

I held her hands in mine. She was hesitating to even look at me, keeping her gaze on the ground.

Soon the priest said all the prayers, "I pronounce you both as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I saw her eyes widen at that. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I leaned down to her face, kissing her cheek instead. I heard her heart beating fast. At last Y/n look upto me, her cheeks red due to her shyness.

The rest of the night went away quickly, soon enough we were on our way to my house. I made sure all her luggage were sent to my house before we reach there. She was silent throughout the entire ride. Being a cold silent person myself, I didn't intiate a conversation either.

As I opened the car door for her, she got out carefully scanning my house. She was an architect, can't blame her.

Y/n's pov

Taehyung's house was looking so beautiful that I stood analysing it.

"Come ." He said for the first time after our awkward conversation inside the dressing room.

I followed him inside the house, the maids welcomed us with warm smiles. I bowed to them.

Taehyung started going upstairs. I took a breath and called out to him.

"Excuse me ?"

He turned around furrowing his eyebrows on why I didn't call him by his name.

"Can you please tell me where my room is ?"

He was confused by my request, "Your room ? I don't about your room but I do know where 'our' room is." He spoke emphasizing 'our'.

"I can't share a room with you."

"Why not ? We are married."

"But I don't know you. This wedding was unexpected." I said looking away from him.

"Don't make me angry. Just come with me." Taehyung said and resumed walking upstairs.

"I said I won't." I replied to him with furrowed brows.

Taehyung turns back to me, his eyes darkened.

I gulped fearing his anger.

"Do whatever you want." He spoke leaving me alone downstairs.

I breathe out feeling stressed. Just then a maid comes to me.

"I will take you to your room."

I followed her silently and she took me upstairs to the guest room.

"Here you go. Your luggage is over here."

I thanked her before she went out. I took a shower and plopped on the bed tired.

"What is happening with me ? I didn't plan this at all." I said to myself.

"Is my marriage going to be a joke ? Should I start getting comfortable around him ?"

All this questions were playing inside my head. I slowly fall asleep.

Taehyung's pov

I took a bath and went to check on Y/n. I knew she was adjusting to all of this and she needed time. But I had replayed this night so many times and it ended up in the worst way possible.

I opened her door and saw her fast asleep. As I was staring at her I saw that the blanket wasn't covering her properly. So I went towards her adjusting the blanket upto her. She cuddled more, making me smile. With her calm face and her parted lips she looked attractive.

The next morning

I was adjusting my shirt collar while walking downstairs to have breakfast. I thought I'd wait for Y/n in the dinning room.

As I was entering the dinning table I saw Y/n sitting there all ready to go to her office, mostly.

For a second I admired how classy she looked. She was talking with the maids and failed to notice my presence. Soon I cleared my throat and sat beside her on the table. She shifted in her seat nervously.

"Breakfast." I said.

Quickly the maid rushes to the table placing the food infront of us. I was happy that Y/n waited for me to have breakfast. She indeed is what I heard about her - charming manners, kind and independent.

"How will you go to your office today ?" I asked her as we both ate.

She was surprised by my sudden question but quickly conceals it, "I will manage."

"I can drop you."

"No thank you, I will go by a cab."

"Why are you so stubborn ?" I asked staring at her irritated.

She frowns, "I'm not stubborn. I don't want to trouble you with any of my things."

"Well, your my wife now. I'm supposed to be troubled with your things."

Y/n stared at me as I did the same.

"I will go by myself." She spoke firmly.

I sighed getting up from the table.

Author's pov

Both of them left for their office seperately. Y/n sat on her chair signing a contract . A parcel was kept on her table with lots of gifts beside it, all congratulations from people on her wedding.

On the other side, even Taehyung had a parcel on his table. He slowly opens it, inside was a beautiful statue with 'Happy Married Life' written on it.

Y/n got the same thing. Both of them read it slowly and sighed.

           Y/n- "You wish."
Taehyung-"I wish."