HyunJin - Home and Comfort 2/12

HYUNJIN - HOME AND COMFORT 2/12

"As she soon discovered more, she can't escape."

Upon hearing the state of Heejin, Hyunjin stayed at the apartment, whilst knowing she's all alone there. Hyunjin also visits Heejin and that is what makes them closer to each other.

Here, the tall girl discovers the case of the opera singer, Heejin is still doing well in the hospital, but she needs to stay there to fully grasp her sanity. All it left to Hyunjin is to take over it.

Hyunjin is a detective and also a lawyer, she's pretty intelligent in her age, she didn't even tell to Heejin what's her profession, except that she's a lawyer. A tabby cat block her view in front of the tv, "Come on, this room is so big why you have to block my view?"  but the cat hiss as a response.

Hyunjin sighs and threw a box which the cat hiss and never left its spot. The girl sighs but the TV screen glitches for a moment and it goes well next, then the news about the opera singer appears on her screen, but the reporter's voice is changing pitches and getting distorted. No signs of fear in Hyunjin's face, she watches the distorting TV until she unplugs it.

"What are you? To be honest, I am not a paranormal expert or investigator. Though I am very intrigued when she talked about this." Hyunjin stands up and heads to the kitchen which some of her cats follow her. The tabby cat is hiding on the top of the shelves, hissing at Hyunjin's back.

Hyunjin notices her cat and continues to hiss, Hyunjin's brows meet as she tries to look where was her cat hissing. Hyunjin is thinking of going to a library since Heejin mentioned the thing that the opera singer did.

Heading there only riding a motorbike, Hyunjin takes a self note about the thing she learned from her. Stopping with the cars, the stoplights lit in red as she patiently waits to get green. While waiting, something odd that her eyes laid on. She saw the driver of a grey car is doing something odd.

But the act is done and the stoplights turn green, Hyunjin just rode off and forgot what she had seen there. The public library is quite big, she can see a few people, the librarian, students, or maybe teenagers who claim themselves as bookworms. you can read a ton of books here, the whole library has every genre you're looking for.

Removing her motorbike gloves, she looks for the book that might help her to have a little information. Heejin once told her that the opera singer told her that she wished for a dead person, which made her successful and lucky, but something worse than death happened before she let go of the earth. 

She found a book of a popular Korean detective in the 1890s, she adored this detective for solving crime cases, sometimes related to paranormal activities. She finds a seat in the last, beside a girl in an orange jacket. Flipping the pages to find the answer she needed.

The book was published under the detective's colleague, the detective's only daughter continued his passion for solving cases, later his only daughter died during her middle adulthood. She found the information she needed. Hyunjin tried searching the internet for these practices, but the internet showed nothing.

In one sight of her favorite detective, a little note says there are some of the cases that the detective's daughter kept privately, hence her next generation also did not share anything about it, until now. But she saw a random site and the thing she's looking for shows, the exact page from the book.

"This cause has no strong support of its origin, but I, consider this a rumor which spread in east Asia. I cannot be specific about which country had started this. My European friend who likes Nancy Drew hasn't heard of this, which completes my hypothesis that this practice was only, specifically in a neighboring Asian country."