𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

Magsimula sa umpisa

You stare at him weirdly. "You do know there are some species of spiders that are harmless."

"I don't care what species it is. If it's a spider, I'm not taking any chances," he said with a shudder. He composes himself and eyes you for a moment. "Also, you're starting to sound a lot like Hermione."

Your eyebrows knit together in thought. "I am?" You asked with a slight tilt of your head.

Ron nods before turning his head away. "Not sure how I feel about that," he mutters. You decided not to respond and walked faster.

As soon as you arrive at the front of the cabin, you let go of Ron's hand after making sure he wouldn't run away. Hagrid was at the door a few seconds after you knocked. The conversation was pleasant and short, ending with you requesting that box of wood lice he prepared last week.

"Wood lice?" Said Ron in confusion. "Why would you want a box of wood lice?"

You just smiled at Ron before Hagrid returns at the doorframe, now holding a small box. You say your thanks and carry it with one hand while the other you used to gesture for Ron to follow you. He was still puzzled with not the slightest clue of where you're going but he reluctantly tails after you to the forest near the Black Lake.

"Yeh sure yer not gonna step in fer a cuppa?" Hagrid yells after you and Ron.

"Maybe next time!" You shouted with a grin before turning to Ron. "I can't wait for you to see them!"

"Who's them?" Ron asked desperately. He groans wearily when you refuse to answer.

"You'll see," you said with a cryptic smile.

Ron had a hard time wading through the dense vegetation when you arrived, but he came out to the familiar clearing unscathed.

"Hold this." You shove the box in Ron's hand. "And wait here for a moment, will you?"

Ron just nods, not knowing what else to do as he look around anxiously. You pat his shoulder to provide comfort before nearing a specific tree. It was in good shape, which was to be expected considering how protective they were of it. And unlike your last visit with Hagrid, the offsprings weren't fighting if the silence was of any indication. They deserve some well-earned treats for that.

When you peer inside the hollow, an immediate smile appears on your lips upon seeing Liza and one of her three offsprings (you named him Oakley) huddled together. Likewise, the Bowtruckles scurry out of their home once they see you. As you stretch your dominant hand to let them crawl all over your arm, something lands on top of your head. You giggle when you see the tiny Bowtruckle climb down your face and into the collar of your shirt.

"I should have known it was you, Junior," you giggle when he moves a little. "How many times do I have to tell you? No jumping unless you want to hurt yourself."

Theo comes down from the upper branches followed by their last baby named Amabel, and unlike Theo who gladly climbs on your hand to join Liza and Oakley, she hides inside the hollow and watches closely. She tends to shy away from physical contact, so you let her make progress at her own pace.

By now, you were swarmed by chattering Bowtruckles, and Ron finally makes his way to you with the box to see what the fuss is all about. He stops a few steps away from you upon seeing the creatures.