Chapter 52. Saving Draco ☾

Start from the beginning

"I'm coming," Harry said with conviction. Severus stared at him.

"Absolutely not." Remus and Sirius said in unison. Severus continued to stare.

"You will stay by me at all times."

Sirius jumped up. "You can't be serious."

"No, that is you," Severus teased, though no one else in the room got the good-naturedness out of it the way Harry, Remus, and Sirius did.

In the end, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Emmaline Vance, and Dedalus Diggle also came along. They flew their broomsticks to Malfoy Manor and jumped off next to where Severus knew the heir suite was located.

"Now, remember, Harry, you are to stick by me. No wondering off, and certainly no confronting anyone. If things go south, you must get out of here immediately," Severus instructed. Harry nodded. They quickly spelled the window open and began filing inside.

The room was dark. Harry tried to make out the blond but could not see in the lack of light.

"Lumos." Severus whispered, looking for Draco. When they did find the boy, he was on his bed, covered in blood and bruises. He was curled up in the fetal position and whimpering.

"Dragon," both Severus and Harry said together, rushing to his side. Harry moved over toward his head and started trying to wake him up.

"Come on, Dragon. You're safe. We're here to save you. I need you to wake up, friend."

Meanwhile, Severus looked around the room.

"Kingsley, Moody, Miss Tonks, I need you to find Draco's things. Do not spend too much time, though. If you cannot find it in a timely manner, then come back and we will consider them a lost cause." The three nodded and began to sneak out of the room to search for the boy's belongings.

At this point, Remus and Emmaline walked toward the boy. He was beginning to wake up, and he moaned as he saw who all was here. Harry stroked Draco's hair and continued to whisper.

"It'll be okay, Dragon."

"I know that, Scarhead," Draco mumbled irritatedly. Harry sighed.

"There's the ferret we all know and love." Harry continued stroking his hair. Draco scrunched his nose.

"Stop it, Potter!" Draco commanded, trying to move his hand to swat Harry's away. However, the pain from moving overtook him and he stopped. Harry smirked.

"You will just have to deal with the mothering from your god-brother for now," Harry said. Draco looked at him through narrowed eyes.

"I don't have a god-brother? When did I have a god-brother?" Draco turned to Severus, who was picking out different potions to give him. "Uncle Sev, is there something you're not telling me?" He muttered sleepily. Severus smirked.

"We'll talk later, Dragon. Take this." Severus handed a vile to the blond. He took it gratefully and downed it. He soon fell asleep.

At that time, Moody returned with the boy's trunk. In it were his wand, his books, and other school necessities. Tonks came back with an empty suitcase and began to stuff clothes in it. Shacklebolt came in at this time and shook his head.

"You're a witch, Tonks. You have magic. Use it sometime."

Tonks blushed deeply and took out her wand, charming all the clothes in the boy's closet to stuff themselves in the suitcase.

"Mum would have them folded as well," she mumbled as she finished. Shacklebolt shrugged.

Once Severus was assured that Draco was stable, he decided to move the boy and get them out of there.

"Harry, you, Draco, and I will arrive by portkey. The rest will take their brooms back to Grimmauld Place." He woke Draco enough that the boy could get the address into his mind, and then spelled the portkey to activate.

Within seconds, they were at Grimmauld. Hermione, Luna, and Sirius swarmed the incoming group. Sirius helped Severus carry Draco up the stairs and into Regulus' old room, now renovated to be livable.

The next morning, Draco awoke, feeling refreshed for the first time in a while. He could tell he did not hurt, and for that he was grateful. He opened his eyes and found Harry staring back at him.

"You're awake!" Harry jumped up, hugging him. Hermione, who was on the other side of the room, ran to the blond and grabbed him up in a hug. Luna came in as well. It quickly became a group hug.

"Are you okay? Are you feeling better? What happened?" Hermione asked, quickly moving over to get the boy a glass of water.

"It's been happening for a while. Lucius is just as bad as Vernon, maybe even worse."

"Why didn't you tell us? You know I understand what that's like. You went and told our godfather about it the moment you had suspicions that I was being abused. I would have done the same for you."

Draco looked at him curiously, eyebrow quirked.

"Our godfather?" he asked, scanning the crowd. "Since when did that happen?" Right then, Sirius walked in.

"Since James and Lily decided I wasn't capable to be a godfather on my own." Sirius dropped down a breakfast tray.

"So, wait, Uncle Sev is Harry's godfather, too?"

"Yes, Dragon, does becoming a Gryffindor make you any less perceptive?" Severus teased as he came in. Draco looked back and forth between Severus and Sirius.

"You-You're in the same room? And you're not killing each other?" Draco asked. "What happened to all those stories of how much you hated Sirius Black?" Severus sighed.

"Harry is more important than a petty squabble."

All three time travelers gawked.

"Since when?" they asked. Severus and Sirius laughed.

"Since I found out Harry Potter wasn't living like the prince everyone told me he was." Severus replied. Harry shrugged. Who was he to complain about this new timeline? It was clearly better.

"So, what happens now?" Draco asked, digging into breakfast.

"Well, I won't be able to gain custody without betraying my position as a spy," Severus said sadly. "But we can discuss this later. For now, you should rest."

With that, Severus ushered Hermione, Luna, and Sirius outside. Harry looked at his best friend for another moment.

"Don't ever do that to me again, okay? I don't know what I'd do without my brother."

Draco smiled. "The same to you, Scarhead."

Harry shook his head and smiled himself. "Get some sleep, Ferret."

Harry got up, walking out and closing the door.

CHAPTER END
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT
SEE YOU SOON
LOVE, ESHA ❤
THANK YOU ALL FOR 77.1K VIEWS 🦋