chapter 4

chapter 4 Jamies pov

I woke up from a very nice to dream. But I suppose being kissed by a complete stranger isn't as weird as your dog licking your face and telling you to wake up... I sighed and said, "I'm up I'm up jeesh."

Jay laughed at me and then jumped off the bed. I slowly dragged myself out of the bed and grabbed my work clothes which consists of blue jeans, a short sleeved blue shirt with the diners name on it, and then my name tag. Jay watched me as I put on my clothes and then slipped on my shoes after I put on socks.

"Your not a morning person are you?" Jay asked me as he came and sat by my feet.

I grunted in answer and went into the kitchen. Fixing me and Jay some toast bread I ate it quickly and put my keys in my pocket. "Well work today yippee..." I stated sarcastically. Which didn't go unnoticed by Jay who snorted.

"I'll walk you and meet you when you get off how's that?" Jay asked me as we made our way out the door and to my job.

"Yeah that sounds good. Just don't go and get no other dogs or nothing pregnant. Be a good boy and stay out of trouble." I laughed when he looked at me like I was nuts.

"Trust me I'm not that kinda animal..." and then after he said that it sounded like he muttered something about not anymore... 'Hmm I wonder what he means by that' I thought. I just shrugged my shoulders and put my hands in my pockets as we made our way through the alleys in silence.

After a few minutes we made it there and we said our goodbyes.

"Morning Boss!" I said as I walked through the door.

"Morning Jamie." He looked nervous for some reason... My boss was an older man, probably mid fifties with a little bit of a beer belly and a partially bald head.

I walked up to him and asked "something bothering you?"

He shifted on his feet. "Well... I hate to do this to you, but do you mind if you could work a double shift tonight? We're going to be really busy and I don't think that one person is going to be able to handle it."

I smiled and put my hand on his shoulder, "Boss as long as I get paid I'm good with it."

He let out a breath he was holding and smiled at me. "Alirighty then get to work woman before I fire ya!" We both laughed at that but I did get to work.

My break came really fast so I headed outside to greet Jay. He was sitting down by the backdoor just waiting, but when he saw me he stood up. "Have a good day?" He asked me.

I smiled sheepishly and replied "Yeah it's going alright so far... but Boss wants me to work a double so i'm not going to be getting off until tonight."

He looked disappointed for a  minute but then he perked his ears up and wagged his tail. "It's alright then I'll just meet you here tonight then."

 He took off leaving me there. I just shrugged my shoulders and went back in to eat something.

I finished my break and went back to work. Nothing out of the ordinary happened until I felt someone watching me. Curious, I looked over my shoulder to see a man. He was just sexy from head to toe dressed in all black. I smiled in greeting and he returned it, fully showing off his pearly whites.

He sat down at a table and I brought him a menu. "Hi how are you today? What can I get you to drink?" I asked in my overly happy voice I use for work.

The guy just looked at me for a minute and then cleared his throat. "Oh right... Just a coke please and I want a juicy steak if yall have it?"

I wrote down his order. "Yes sir we do have steaks. How would you like it?"

"I like my steaks rare please." He answered.

"Okay that's not a problem." I smiled, "I'll be right back with your drink but it's going to be a few minutes for your food. We're a little busy tonight."

"It's not a problem as long as your mt waitress." He smiled causing me to blush and I went grab his coke.

"Here's your coke." i said smiling at him which he returned. "You know you look really familiar... " He stiffened and just drank his coke. I shrugged "I find a lot of people familiar though."

He laughed "Yeah i'm the same somedays..."

I heard the door open and heard the two people who I most definately didn't want to see, my parents.