"I was assigned to show you the reins around here today, so you'll be answering to me," Pansy interrupted.

To Averie it made no sense, her boss was the assistant?

"I'm not going to meet my real boss?" Averie questioned. "Aren't I here to learn under them?"

Pansy let out a dry laugh, "You'll be answering to me for now, Wilson," she almost sneered. "Unless that's a problem?"

Her eyebrow shot up, daring Averie to talk back. Which of course, she didn't. Only puckered her lips and smiled sickly sweet. "Of course not, what can I do?"

And so Pansy gave her a list of tasks to do. Tasks she wasn't sure she should be doing, but still did nonetheless.

She was halfway through her second task- to dispose of all files on the computer that was marked a certain date. Suddenly the door opened, and a pretty redhead rushed in, looking flushed. "Shit I am so late," she murmured under her breath. She took a minute to lean on one of the desks near the door, breathing in and out deeply.

Averie just watched her out of the corner of her eye, curiously.

"Are you okay?" she decides to ask.

The girl looked up from where she was leaning, eyes fixed onto Averie. "Fine," she gave a small smile. "Do you happen to know where the boss of this office is? It's my first day."

Averie felt better knowing it wasn't just here who was new here. "Beats me—it's my first day too. I met the assistant, though."

"I'm Zara by the way," she smiled, running her hands through her fiery red hair.

And Averie smiled back, "I'm Averie, you're the other application?"

"One out of two," Zara cheekily grinned.

Averie had a feeling they would get along well.

The elevator chimed again and the two both looked back, catching the eye of Pansy Parkinson again. Averie noticed how high she held her head up. As if she ran the place. Though Averie supposed today she did.

But she wondered why the brand head wouldn't come and greet them at least. It wasn't really good hospitality.

Pansy strolled in and gave the other intern the same treatment Averie got. Cold exterior, wanting to show them she's above the two. Zara got the same little tasks Averie did.

It seemed like a set up to Averie. The tasks were ridiculous, and in no way helping her as a designer.

But Pansy made it clear she was assigned by the head to give them the tasks.

So she finished them without any complaints. It was quite odd, and nothing she had expected to do on her first day of a very very big and important job. 

Zara expressed how she thought it was 'a waste of her precious time that could be spent drawing awesome designs'—in her words. But Averie kept quiet, not wanting to start anythign with Pansy. She could ultimately go to her boss—their boss and tell them how disappointing she was. She was the assistant after all.

Averie read the list over again, making sure every task on the little slip of paper was checked off.

Sort out fabric by color

Dispose March 8th files

Respond to each email in the trash folder, decline everything.

Replace finished croquis for mannequins

Stock up on black thread from storage