He looked her up and down, with an uninterested expression, "Name?"

"Averie Wilson," she replied, shifting her weight on one leg out of discomfort.

He picked up a small note pad to his left and hummed lowly, putting it down and returning his hands to the keyboard to type away again. "Fifth floor," he said indifferently.

Averie walked away slightly confused to the man's attitude. Was that how all Londoners acted? Hopefully not, she had hoped to make at least one friend in the office. Surely some had personality?

The elevator ride was only a few seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. Averie was too eager to wait any longer. She had waited for this moment for years, dreamt of it even. She just had to impress her co-workers, with her attitude, designs, and work ethic.

Especially her boss.

If she got fired it would be hard to find another job like this. Extremely hard.

Which is why she had to work even harder than she had before.

Her mind stilled the moment she heard the chime of the elevator door opening, a confident grin on her face.

The doors opened to an office similar to the one in Malibu, only significantly more spacious. There were two black desks scattered in opposite corners of the big room, fabric and paper littered on the surface. It must have been someone's personal work space.

There was a long clothing rack that held finalized designs that stood at the back of the room.

Dress form mannequins were distributed throughout the room, half of them with fabric on it, the other half bare. Sketches of the final design pinned behind the mannequin.

At the back of the room near the clothing racks there were two black doors, both shut.

There was no one in the main office, but it looked like someone was here.

Maybe they were in one of the rooms?

As Averie walked towards the back of the room to the door, she realized there were letters elegantly engraved into the door—initials.

D. M.

She couldn't recall any names with those initials.

Maybe it was supposed to be M. D. for Mature Divinity and they just messed up, she thought as she approached the door. She highly doubted it though, this office seemed to be very organized and orderly in every way.

Averie knocked once... then twice. Still no answer.

It was only until she softly said "Hello?" did the door open.

A woman walked out, shutting the door behind her carefully. Her dark wavy hair cascaded down her back, contrasting with the white flowy top she was wearing. Green eyes scrutinizing Averie, scanning her eyes up and down Averie's figure. "Can I help you?"

"Ohright, I'm Averie the new hire. Are you my boss?"

To be honest, Averie wasn't sure what her job position was called. She knew she had a boss, but she didn't know why she was here. To design of course, but there was more to a job in the industry than to just design. Especially since she just arrived at the company. She didn't expect to just sketch designs all day and have an easy going job at an office in London. But she wasn't prepared as to what she was actually doing there.

The woman just chuckled at her. "Me? The boss? Please," she started, holding her hand out to shake. "I'm Pansy Parkinson, the assistant."

Averie quickly took her hand, not wanting to make the wrong impression, and smiled. "Right well um—can I speak to the boss? I don't know how to start working—"