010

It was getting really late and it was bothering me that I hadn't heard from Captain all day. We decided that I should go check on him. I said bye to Steve and f/n and headed torwards his suite.

I knocked on the door.

There was no answer.

I knocked again.

"Captain?" I called quietly.

The door swung open unexpectedly. "Hmmm?" He slurred. He stared at me with lidded eyes. "What?" He asked.

"Hey, Cap. Are you okay?"

"What do you- hicc- mean... 'am I okay?' Of course!" He said happily. I could smell the beer. It was sort of strong.

"Captain."

"Sun- hic- shine."

"You're drunk. You need to lay down."

"Why would I listen to you? I'm not fuckin... drunk?" He said dragging me in the room. His change of voice frightened me. He slammed the door shut and stumbled over to his desk.

He went to sit down and almost missed the chair but caught himself.

"Why are you here." He said coldly.

"What- What do you mean?"

"You caused all this."

"How did I..?"

He paused.

He was just saying this because he was drunk. Right?

"If you wouldn't have shown up- hicc- then I wouldnt have had to see them. I didn't even wanna see the fuckers. All they're doin right now is causing issues, and so are... you." He said slowly blinking and pointing to me.

"Cap, you don't mean that do you?"

"I mean it with every inch of my being."

"Why would you say that? They're your own children?" I asked in disbelief.

"Because- hicc- I have to deal with the stupid ass caretakers and I dont have time for that. I dont have time for you either. What happened in the tank- hicc- didnt mean anything.... to... me?" He questioned himself.

"Captain. You dont mean that." Do you?

"I told you I meant it! God... this is why I find you so... just- hicc- aggravating. I didn't want you here, it was all Steve's idea! If it wasn't for him you'd be dead in the middle of nowhere." He snickered.

They say drunk thoughts are sober thoughts.

"Captain."

"What." He hissed. His voice felt as if it was laced with venom.

"I'm leaving. No more me, no more us."

"Good! Didn't fuckin... want any of you here anyways. Tell Steve to drop it with-" He hiccuped one last time before I walked out and slammed the door. I ran as fast as I could back to my room and packed my things in my backpack. I threw on my gear and quickly wrote a note to hang on my door that said:

'I'm sorry. -Y/n'

I felt like I was hit with a train in my chest. I thought he loved me to some extent- but obviously not. I was going to try and help him best I could to get out of the bad habits but it wouldnt have worked. He wouldnt have listened.

I flung my booksack over my back and slunk to the front to the tankyard. I decided to leave through that gate because it was always open.

I didn't know where I was going. I was trying to get as far away from Captain as possible right now. I didn't care about the tankmen, I didn't care about the henchmen, I didnt care about the war, I didnt care about being friends with benefits, I didn't care about anything. I could've cared less.