"I'm glad you said it first." I said laughing not really enjoying my first sip.

"Steve and I used to drink this every weekend growing up. He was ridiculous when he's drunk." He said shaking his head thinking back on the memory.

"And you aren't?" I asked hardly believing him.

"I used to be. One thing I've discovered with this whole super soldier stuff is that your tolerance is absolutely through the roof. I once downed a whole handle of Jack Daniels and hardly felt a damn thing." He said and I laughed along with it.

"Two party tricks, I see you're fun." I said taking another sip honestly getting used to the odd taste.

"Don't tell Stark, I enjoy our drinking competitions." He said laughing.

"I think what you meant to say is that you like winning and shaming and old man." I said nodding.

"I'll tell him you called him old if you spill my secret." He said holding up his finger.

"I mean after today's events do you really think he'd hold something so minuscule against me?" I asked playfully as I kept drinking.

"You're the worse." He said shaking his head and I saw him smile. I guess I hadn't realized it, but he wasn't one for smiling often. It was kind of nice to see him look so relax and at ease. "Listen, I gotta ask."

"Do you?" I asked him hoping that we wouldn't have to talk about the kiss.

"I do." He asked and I took a deep exhale.

We had fought and butt heads so much I didn't really understand why we had kissed. I mean I thought we had hated each other, but clearly one or both of us weren't on the same page. I was an over thinker as it was, but this truly just made my brain turn to mush.

"I don't know Bucky." I said breathily. "I barley know myself, you're already dragged into my mess more than you probably want to be."

"It's a mess I'm familiar with." He said and I bit the inside of my lip. "I don't mind."

"Bucky." I said letting my shoulders fall.

"You don't have to decide today, or even this week or even at all I just... I don't know." He said slowly as if he was trying to think about each word was it came out.

"Sounds like two very confused people." I said with a small smile on my face. It was a weak smile because I wasn't exactly hopeful, but I also in the same breath wasn't saying no. "Doesn't sound like a god idea."

"It could work." He said shrugging.

"It sounds horrible in theory." I said laughing.

"Theory." He said looking at me with a hesitant face. "I mean we can try for experimental purposes. I mean I don't think I've heard of two super soldiers falling in love."

"Love." I responded raising my eyebrows. "That's moving quite fast."

"I mean we'll get there... maybe, I mean think of the data Stark and Banner could get from this." He said and we both just laughed.

"You're really selling this pitch, keep going." I said biting the inside of my lip.

I wasn't used to seeing him so charming and playful. I truly felt like I had no idea who I was even talking to. The same person who had been so cold and hostile these last two or three weeks was now working for my attention and it was confusing. It's like everyday that had passed was a little bit closer to him. Insults had turned into sarcasm, which turned to playfulness, and now... well whatever this was.

Longing  •Bucky Barnes•On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara