[2]

~ Valley of Shadows, Gallahen, 1 month before present day ~

Choso watched as King Noritoshi gave his orders, scoffing at the evil man.

"Go find them," Noritoshi commanded his people. "Hunt down the hybrids. All of them. And then execute them."

"But your sons-"

"Those creatures are not my children and they will not be seen as such!" Noritoshi screeched.

The cursed spirit guard trembled in his armor, his grip on his staff tightening as he tried to regain his composure.

Choso disappeared into the shadows of the castle, gripping his dagger laced with poison.

He had planned to kill the cowardly king that put his mother through so much torture and forced her to give birth and abort children he forced into her.

In doing so, it actually cause Choso and his other siblings to give way into this miserable world.

And since he was a hybrid, he belonged no where.

Not in the human world, not in the spirit world.

"This is why I chose to stay in Gongman," he muttered as he left the palace and kept the dagger nearby just in case.

Life hadn't been easy for Choso, especially when his younger brothers Kechizu and Eso were murdered by a trio from the Astye empire.

One being Crown Prince Itadori Yuji himself.

Choso swore to kill the crown prince and establish a new sanctuary for people like him: the outcasts of society.

He had promised his brothers that he would do so.

And he could only do that by making the first step to marry the daughter of Shi Albert, the fallen king who had succumbed to a curse cast by a hybrid.

Unlike most curses, a hybrid's curses were far more dangerous as they had both abilities to harm a cursed spirit and human, fueled by their hatred and sorrow by being cast out.

The other hybrids had figured that's how Choso and his brothers were able to become so powerful despite having drawbacks.

The dark-haired man met a few friends before returning to his cold and lonely abode in the Gongman Mountain Range, on top of Gongman Challenger where he resided.

Only the brave and foolish made it up there alive and in one piece, though there were a few who could pass through easily if their cursed energy was strong enough.

Choso prepared some food for himself, tying his hair back in his signature messy ponytails and got to work with the vegetables he got at the marketplace near the mountains.

He knew the princess he had been promised to would be of age in the next month.

And he only had to wait that long before he could swoop in and take what was rightfully his.