"I can't do that," he replies simply, although this time, instead of sounding amused, his voice sounds tight, reluctant almost. I'm not sure why he would be starting to feel guilty now, not after everything he has happily put me through since meeting me. Working in his facility suddenly feels like a world away. I should have listened to Cian and backed off sooner...I should have listened to Lev and not even applied for the job in the first place.

"Then I will be here," I mutter, waving my hands around myself, before glaring pointedly at him. "Alone."

He grins, getting the point that I don't want him standing with me, pushing away from the railing.

"Alright, goodnight then Amolet," he murmurs, before he disappears.

Releasing a long breath, I close my eyes for a moment. Stace's intoxicating smell still lingers, after he is gone, I wonder where he goes, whether he is still in the manor or not. Either way, it doesn't matter, because I still intend to escape. I'm going to have to run as far as I can and then hopefully get in contact with Lev so he can come and get me. From there, I'm not sure what I should do.

Looking down from the balcony, I estimate what damage I may do to myself if I jump over. Maybe if I hang and then fall I can avoid anything more than ground shock. It's a risk I'm going to have to take, since there is no way I can walk out of here through the bedroom door.

Mustering as much confidence as possible, I brace myself up against the railing, throwing my leg over, looking down at the ground below. I've never been frightened of heights, yet my stomach lurches, my head spinning for a moment.

Suddenly a hand grabs my arm, firm enough that it nearly has me leaning completely over the railing to fall to my doom, but it quickly pulls me back, nearly wrestling me off the steel.

"Woah, it won't be a pretty fall for a mortal like you," the owner of the hand growls in my ear.

Whirling around, I face the man who still holds tightly onto my arm, gasping at the sight of him.

He is nothing like I've ever seen before. At this point, I should be used to seeing strange, otherworldly looking people since knowing Stace and Cian, but the man that stands before me still shocks the breath out of me. His hair is a dark brown, and across half the side of his neck, his jawline and even up to his temples, is an intricate tattoo the colour of pure violet. I look down at the hand holding me, realising it extends even to there.

"Who the hell are you?" I snap, fear having me pulling away from him, backing up into the railing until it's painful.

"Shh," he hushes, glancing over his shoulder, back into the room. "I'm Cian's brother."

It makes sense, all the air rushing out of me in one hurried breath. He has the same unique accent as Cian, the same perfect bone structure and impressive height. Not to mention the strangeness of his appearance, his violet eyes looking over me, entwined with an unreadable look.

"Oh no...You're an immortal," I breathe, as if it isn't glaringly obvious.

"Obviously," he mutters, reaching for me. "Let's go."

"Wait, I don't know if I should go with you," I claim, eyeing him suspiciously. What if he takes me to a place worse than here? I have no idea who this man is, even if he claims to be Cian's brother.

"You don't exactly have a choice, I'm just trying to be courteous," he exclaims bluntly, and I believe him. Instead of retaliating anymore, I let him take a hold of my hand again, his skin as cold as his eyes. This could be a mistake, but I'm willing to do anything at this point to escape Stace and Noah.