Leaving Mystic Falls, Virginia

_______________________________________________________

    Leaving town was always an option for Hope Mikaelson, though she'd never see herself actually taking the opportunity. Mystic Falls was just as much a home to Hope than New Orleans. Sure, she was born and raised in New Orleans and that was her true home. But Mystic falls was where all her friends were. And to Hope, friends were her home. But alas, now the baby bird must leave the nest and find new adventures. Hope had planned to leave town the second the awkward tension arose within the air when she decided to end things with Landon. She loved him, she did. But the thing with love is, well, it doesn't last forever. This isn't some Cinderella story. 

She had planned out her destination. And as she drove the wooden sign alerted that she had arrived, 'Welcome to Beacon Hills'. She'd read stories online about Beacon Hills. It does have a lot of animal attacks, but that was nothing compared to what Mystic Falls and New Orleans had in store...or so she thought. Her aunt Freya and aunt Keelen decided to tag along with her. Of course, they had to buy a house, but that wasn't a problem for the Mikelson's. They were practically breathing money, bathing in it. I guess, living a thousand years has its advantages. 

The small black Ferrari that Elijah had given Hope on her 15th birthday stopped at a family-sized mundane house.  She got out and two boys had their jaws dropped, Hope was almost sure it had hit the floors. One of the boys was Latino and had a tattoo on his arm. The other one was small and skinnier, he had freckles and hazel brown eyes. The Latino boy quickly picked up his jaw but when he saw his smaller friend in a frozen state, he closed his jaw for him. 

"That can't be a real car-that can't be a real car." The small, freckled boy said to his friend. 

"It's a real car." Hope told the boy, walking over to them. 

"I said that out loud didn't I. Shoot I said it out loud." The boy rambled; Hope had to suppress a smile. 

"I'm Hope by the way. I'm new here. As you can see." She pointed to the moving truck pulling into the neighborhood. 

The scrawny boy scratched the back of his neck, "imstilesyourneighboorwowyourverypretty."

"what?" Hope furrowed her brows 

"He's Stiles, your neighbor. And I'm his friend Scott." The Latino boy introduced himself and his friend, giving him a pat on his back. 

"So where are you originally from?" Scott tried to start a casual conversation.

"Well, I was born and raised in New Orleans but came from a boarding school in Mystic Falls" Hope explained.

"Really? Will you be going to the school close by here? Beacon Hills High?" 

"Yeah, I guess." Hope replied, kicking the pebbles on the ground with her shoe. "I guess I should go start unpacking. Nice meeting you two. I'll see you later."

"See you later. Bye, Hope." Scott said.

"Bye, Scott. Bye, Stiles." Hope waved, going into the new house with a box in her arms. When she was out of sight and out of hearing range, Stiles finally snapped out of it.