Ch.03. Regrets

"rumble" the quite dark room was filled with a thunderous noise, 

"drip"

one drop, two drops, three drops...

the look on the pink-haired female's face wasn't what you'd call pretty like they usually do, you couldn't tell whether her widened eyes were maniacal or just surprised. Her arms that have been hanging on her hips, had popped up visual lines of her veins, vertical lines of green, blue and red had formed on her delicate body.

her hands tightly gripped onto her dress as her dark green eyes went up and down, following the rhythm of the dripping blood with a slight tremble,

ten drops, eleven, twelve drops...

"Lady Argenta, are you okay?"

the voice calling out to the unstable lady was genuine, worried as she had never shown this expression before, even after being severally wounded by the crazed woman, she was worried about her.

"You should worry more about your situation"

the gentle voice that was meant for Argenta in the first place now belonged to another woman, her blonde straight hair that reached to her hips were decorated with bright blue eyes that held the word "beautiful"

she was attractive indeed, but could anyone say the least for Lady Argenta herself? she had a charm to her, one that was mesmerizing but which her husband never noticed.

just like her daughter...

her eyes were now scanning the beautiful female who was embraced by her husband's arms, the ones which she never touched herself were holding another woman.

"You! how dare you-!"

the woman's words were caught up in a sharp pain that ached her cheek, she was slapped, slapped by the man she had loved with everything she had.

even though the Agriche family was known for having an incredible amount of children and therefore a large number of wives, even among those many women, she was the most loved.

when did everything go wrong?

It was when her daughter Kayley had shown no particular ability in the past few years, naturally, she was the most loved so of course, her daughter would be spared. But when that woman's daughter, Roxanna had miraculously made progress she was ignored.

Maybe that's the reason why she threw that jewelry box on her arm and caused it to bleed, she had regretted her actions for sure, and hurting the woman wasn't the best way to catch her lover's attention either

she could tell by the slap she had received, and the blood dripping from the woman's arm.

she had so desperately yearned for his affection, she sent her daughter to death herself, hoping that if she wasn't there the man would show interest once again.

but was it worth it?

Argenta crouched down on her knees, tears filling her orbs which were eyeing the male and female leaving her room, the other female looking back at her gave her a worried glance as she left

Lant Agriche I...loved you?

The words were hard and sore within her mouth. The maids who had stopped doing their duties to overlook the situation were astonished, 

An emotional breakdown perhaps?

It was rare for her, the Lady who always smiled and was gentle with the maids, to look so pained and filled with such wrath and anguish, maybe jealousy even.

she was blinded by her unrequited love to the point where she had killed her daughter willingly, even with her heart filled with such regret, it couldn't change the fact that she had killed Kayley. 

"hahahaha!" she hysterically laughed and suddenly stopped.

had she finally gone insane? wondered the maids

'Lant Agriche you won't have to concern yourself with me anymore...for I won't meet your expectations...ever'

she stood up on her legs once again, looking determined as ever, her eyes sharp like a razor, holding her hands together like a nun, she looked like a female character from a book.

'never from Argenta Helene Agriche'

****

"Lady Argenta!" Lina her close maid called out for her, Her attire was different from usual, it screamed Villainess with a Saintess's face.

"Lina, you're noisy," she remarked, elegantly sipping a cup of her tea while taking in the breeze of the flowers that had been planted in the greenhouse especially for her.

"I-It's the miss Kayley! she as returned with master Dion!"

the sound of those words led her in a state of shock, she never realized the moment she had stepped out of the greenhouse or lost Lina out of view

but her heart was swamped in a sudden warmth, seeing her daughter lying on Dion's shoulder, sound asleep, like the angel she was.

stepping closer to the carriage, she passed by surprised-looking faces all sweeping with whispers along the way, when Dion would come after an "errand" everyone was standing by the gates ready to welcome him, it was natural that the front gate was filled with a crowd.

"wasn't she dead?"

the fact that Argenta attempted to kill her daughter wasn't a secret at all, it's not like she was the first one to.

stopping in her tracks, she looked in a scarlet red ocean and opened her soft plump lips

"I want my daughter back, please"