Chapter Fifteen

Começar do início

When she had lost her father three years ago, it was a time where all life seemed hopeless. It was dark, cruel and un-wanting. It was something that destroyed her family and the life that she knew. She never wished it on anyone, not even her greatest enemy.

But despite the harshness of life, Anastasia never thought it was something that she'd have to go through again.

~~~

"But why, though?"

"I already told you, Michael." Pete rolled his eyes, filling up Michael's glass of orange juice. "The pie isn't made till the waitresses get here at eleven. I don't know why, it's just the way it is."

The boy grumbled, crossing his arms as he looked at the clock. It was fifteen till eleven, and he couldn't wait to see Ana. Even though it had only been a day, it felt like an eternity for him.

"So, how's things going between you two?" Pete smiled, leaning against the counter as he munched on a piece of bacon.

Michael smirked. "I like kissing."

The man laughed, nodding. "Yeah? Figured you would. Mostly everyone does."

Pete moved closer to the boy, resting his elbows on the counter. "So...are you two official now or what?"

Michael narrowed his eyes. "Official?"

"Yeah, you know." Pete shrugged his shoulders, only realizing that his question was meaningless to him. He was growing used to the curiosity and innocence of Michael, and he tried his best to explain things the best that he could to him. Though sometimes, he forgot about the lack of knowledge the blonde held for the world.

However, he could see changes in Michael. Whenever he saw Ana, or even if her name was mentioned, he could see a gleam in his eye that he knew far too well. There were sometimes that her worried for Ana. It wasn't that he didn't trust Michael, but he couldn't help but wonder if his hormonal urges would get the best of him. Their talk that day had opened up a whole new world for him, and he knew it wasn't rare for boys to get carried away.

Though, the thoughts sounded silly to him. Because frankly, Jasper could never imagine Michael hurting her.

He cleared his throat, readying his words to explain to the confused boy in front of him. "Official as in dating. You know, like boyfriend and girlfriend."

Michael thought for a moment, remembering the words Jasper had explained to him that day. He nodded. "Oh, yeah. Well...I don't really know."

He stared out the window as he spoke. "We do everything that boyfriends and girlfriends do. Apart from..." He looked to Jasper embarrassed, and the man suppressed his smile.

"Go ahead." He nodded.

Michael blushed, glancing at the clock. "We kiss and we hold hands. But I don't know if we're really dating. She's not mentioned anything about it."

Pete listened to his words, straightening himself as he grabbed his pen and notepad. "Well, maybe she's waiting for you say something." He winked as he smirked, heading off to a table.

Michael furrowed his brows, playing with the straw in his glass he thought over Jasper's words. Did she want him to bring it up? It made him nervous thinking about, he hadn't been used to the spotlight when it came to her. He always let her make the decisions, and he never did anything that he thought would make her uncomfortable. Would she be angry with him if he asked her about it?

His thoughts raced, causing him to rub his temples in frustration. Glancing at the clock, he counted down the minutes until her arrival. Traffic was slowing down, and he knew the walk wouldn't take her long to get there. And if she wasn't running late, she would arrive on time.