Almost six years ago, Shen Father invested in Country M's investment project. But due to a sudden change in M Country's policies that restricted foreign trade and investment, Father Shen's investment immediately lost value with billions of funds going down the drain. The Shen Group's stock sharply dropped, the company's capital chain broke, and the bank continuously pressured them for their rising debts. Just when Father Shen was about to declare bankruptcy, Su Hang suddenly came to their home.

Yes, Su Hang didn't visit the Shen Group building, and he didn't bring a team or even a secretary. He came to the Shen family home, and he came alone.

On that day, Shen Xi happened to be home. Worried about her family's situation, she eavesdropped from the second floor.

"President Shen, I loan you as much as you need." Su Hang said.

"President Su, are you aware just how much money is needed to fill this hole we're stuck in?" Father Shen asked.

"I had an assessment report made before I came here." The sound of pages flipping could be heard. "The Shen Group needs 3 billion to get back up on its feet."

"3 Billion will only help the Shen Group resume operations."

"Excluding this investment, the Shen Group had always been a very profitable company. I believe that as long as it's given another chance, Shen Group will certainly make a comeback."

"You're only lending us money? You're not trying to buy stock?" Father Shen's voice was full of doubt.

"Yes. I have no intention of buying, just loans." Su Hang confirmed.

"Why are you doing this? I don't think it's just for my ability to do business." Father Shen asked, "3 billion is no small number. If I don't follow through, your newly established bank will collapse, and even the Su family will end up affected. We have no deep ties between us. Why help us?"

"I do have one request." The living room became quiet for a while. Shen Xi fidgeted in anxiousness.

"Say it." Father Shen said.

"I need a wife."

Even after all those years, Shen Xi could still clearly remember her reaction when she heard this. Her brain turned blank, and her body turned as stiff as the pillar she had been hiding in. She couldn't hear anything for a long while as a dull roar overpowered her ears. It was only her father's shouts that woke her up.

"You get out, get out of here! I, Shen Chuan, can become the poorest of the poor, a penniless good-for-nothing, but I will never sell my daughter!" Father Shen yelled, throwing a teacup at Su Hang's feet.

"President Shen, you should think about it a little more." Su Hang's voice was calm, without a hint of emotion.

"I don't need to think about it! Get out, just get out!"

"President Shen, if the Shen Group goes under, tens of thousands of people will become unemployed."

"Get out."

"President Shen, Madam Zun's medical costs alone would cost a few hundred thousand a year."

"You....what the hell are you trying to do?" Every single member of the Shen family knew that Mother Shen was Father Shen's Achilles' heel, "I really grateful that you offered a hand. Any other condition, hell, even if you wanted to buy the Shen Group I would acquiesce, no problem. But why do you want to marry Shen Xi?"

"I need a wife." Su Hang repeated his earlier sentence, his voice without a single tremor.

"In our entire S City, who doesn't know the fact that you already have someone in your heart? If you needed a wife, why not ask that person?" Father Shen asked.

"She...doesn't like me."