Chapter 48: Take Me Now

Start from the beginning

Crap, I need to focus.

"Look, forget about the kiss. I know we both want the same thing. Working and seeing each other makes things awkward and uncomfortable so I've decided to leave. I'm going back to New York. I'm hoping we can personally settle things here." I explained when I turn my attention back to her.

She is now standing in front of me.

"You can't." She said while shaking her head.

"What do you mean I can't?" I asked back.

"I can sue you for a breach of contract you know.." she reminded me sternly.

Was I too optimistic in thinking that she would allow me to leave?

"You're still the same.. cruel with or without your memory." I mentioned.

She glare at me.

"What's that suppose to mean?" She asked feeling insulted by my remark.

"Forget it, it's fine.. Then just take this and set me free." I said handing her a blank cheque.

"Feel free to write whatever amount you think is due for not honoring our contract." I replied.

"You just came here to pissed me off?" She accused me sharply while tearing the cheque in front of me.

I didn't expect such unpleasant reaction from her. 

"I don't need your money." She said sternly.

I sighed.

She's probably acting this way because she's drunk. I can't let her action get to me.

"Fine then what do you want me to do? I'll do anything just let me leave in peace." I said trying to sound as casual as I can.

There was a moment of silent for a few minutes.

I guess this is pointless.

"You know what, go to sleep. Let's just talk tomorrow." I said feeling tired of our pointless conversation.

I turn again but she spoke.

"There's only one conditon I want. You can go and be free. You're not going to hear another word from me. If you really want to leave then go. But you have to do what I want first." She said challenging me.

I turn my head.

"What do I have to do?" I asked hesitantly.

We stare at each other then she suddenly lower her gaze to my lips.

"Kiss me.." she said in a low husky voice.

What the hell?

She's refusing my money for a kiss?!

Now I turn around completely. We are face to face.

"You said you'll do anything right?" She said smirking.