Chapter 26

Naomi's POV

When I reached home, I went straight to my room and collapsed on my bed. I thought of Zach and what he just told me. How could he? That man, if you can even call that disgusting person a man, was horrible. He didn't just betray Zach; he even tortured a little girl who had no part in it. What kind of sick monster would do such a thing?! No wonder Zach is like that. He has a hard time trusting people. If I were him, I probably would be the same or maybe worse.

I turned to my side and stared at the wall. Betrayal is the worst thing someone could ever do to another because it doesn't hurt only physically but mentally and emotionally too.

When I think about it, about him, my blood boils. He did all that because he blamed Zach's parents who had no control over the situation and who probably felt horrible for what happened to their best friends. They probably blamed themselves for what happened. I frowned. This is so messed up!

But wait?

Why does he look like Zach? They are not related. So why?

They have the same features except for the eyes. Zach's eyes are darker and passionate. His are lighter in tone but malignant.

And what about Austin? From what Zach told me, they all used to be friends.

But when I see Austin at school, he doesn't seem like the type to hurt little girls or stand by and watch while other people hurt little girls. This goes to show you that people are not what they seem. They may appear innocent and nice on the outside but they might be malicious and cruel on the inside. That is too scary. How someone can hide who they truly are!

Ugh! This is so confusing! I'm sure there is more to this story! I thought.

And to think we almost kissed. I feel nauseous just thinking about it.

What would happen if Zach didn't come along? I would have had kissed an awful kind of guy.

So messed up...

People, there are all kinds of people; I just learned today about how naive I am. Before meeting Zach, all I wanted was to do pass high school without a problem and spend my life without any trouble. How stupid! Life is not a life without problems and adventures thrown into the mix. I guess I should learn and be more open instead of staying at home all the time and studying. One thing about meeting Zach is that he has shown me that you should live your life even if it does give you a lot of problems and troubles. The little time we spent together taught me that. Here was a guy who parties and has fun and yet he has a lot of things to deal with, bad things to be precise.

I'm thinking about a lot of things in such a short amount of time and I'm being philosophical! I laugh at myself.

Suddenly my phone beeped, I took it out of my pocket and read the message.

Dear sweetheart,

You better watch out. A pretty girl like you should be VERY careful. Who knows what might happen?

Carter Haze

P. S.

Hope you like my little gift.

My heart was pounding as I scrolled down my phone. When I saw it, I let out a bloodcurdling scream!

...

There was a picture of me on the bed with the same clothes that I'm wearing now and in the same position.

***

I thought it was time to know what Naomi is thinking about all that has happened. Also, I feel that something should happen while writing her thoughts down.

Sorry, there's not much of Zach in this one but next one there will be!

A bit of a spoiler! The next chapter!

There will be angry/protective Zach! Anyone? Huh? Well idk about you but I want to see that! Hahaha! And I'm the author!

Anyway, comment if you want! I want to thank @loverheart1! She made an amazing collage in chapter 25 and 26! I'm eternally grateful!

Oh, and I'll try updating nobody's home! It's been so long!

Vote & comment!