fly Away 08

(a/n: still in Louis' pov)

We are all waking up to the cabana registration when I get a call from Hailey. Where do I start with Hailey? In 10th grade we started going out together, 6 months strong when I caught her cheating with my best friend at the time. My best friend was a guy named Noah, we had known each other for years but we haven't spoken since I caught them making out at a party. It was my and Issie's halloween party. I don't drink so I was completely sober when I went upstairs to escape the loud music. I opened the door to my bathroom and there they were. This is before I filmed Enola Holmes, so I wasn't "famous" yet. Me filming the movie did not affect anything with my close relationships, but it did with my old relationships for some reason. Anyways, when the news about the movie got out Hailey started texting me, just "how was your day?", "How is Millie?" as if she knew Mills, "How's filming?", "Coffee?".

Millie said I shouldn't acknowledge her, and that she went through the same thing. But, of course I did acknowledge her, I felt too bad. The texts eventually turned to FaceTime calls, Issie was pissed. I picked up her call.

"Hey Lou! How's Vegas?"

"Vegas? I'm in Mexico,"

"Ohhh, I was thinking of Mark," Mark? She was probably talking about Mark Pete Kavinsky on the Baseball team.

"Oh"

"Well, tell me everything!"

"Umm- Hailey, I have to go" I tell her. I can hear her smile fade through the phone and feel terrible. I hang up.

"Put that phone down and tell Hailey to go to hell!" Issie interrupts my train of thought.

"Louis I know it's none of my business, but she put you through so much just like what- a year and a half ago. I just think that she is kind of self-centered. Notice how she only talked to you again when she found out you were going to be in a huge new Netflix movie?"

Y/n says. I think about that for a minute.

"Yeah, I wouldn't call the movie huge," I laugh. "But thank you."

"It seems huge, Lou" Issie responds. "It's huge. Millie Bobby Brown is in it!" Y/n adds.

We book one large cabana with 4 lounge chairs. Issie and Y/n lay in the middle chairs and I lay on the one on y/n's side. They had brought bathing suits with them, but I had not.

"Iss! Iss! Go, go , go! Talk to the cabana boy he's right there," Y/n whispers to Issie. I thought that y/n liked the cabana boy.

"Ok, ok, ok! I'm going," Iss whispers back. She gets up and runs out the cabana then slows down and walks somewhat calmly over to the cabana boy.

"You know, I think your sister really likes that cabana boy." Y/n turns to me.

"Its funny, I thought you liked him." I tell her.

"What? No, I mean don't get me wrong he's cute, but he's Issie's. I find it funny how Issie keeps telling me what a romantic you are." she laughs. I laugh. We laugh.

"I swear, she says that to every girl I like," I say, still laughing. She looks at me, her blue eyes making eye contact with my brown.

"So, you like me, Louis?" She asks jokingly, but somehow seriously at the same time.

"Well, I wouldn't go that far, but you're not horrible." I laugh.

"Well, I think I could say I like you. But if you don't want to go there then fine. Your not horrible either." I look at her confused. She catches on to what my "look" was asking. "Please, Partridge. I don't have a crush on you! You wish," I do wish. I do wish. I do wish.

"Maybe I do wish," I look at her. "Maybe you do". I feel my stomach turning, I do wish, I want to tell her I do wish. I do wish. I want to tell her that I do wish, but I don't.

Issie runs over with a piece of paper in her hand. "Ben!" she screams, y/n sits up. "Is that a phone number?"

"Yes! And his name is Ben!"

"Aww, good, I'm happy for you girl," they smile. I turn my head and lay there, listening to them gossip about Ben. i do wish she had a crush on me.

(a/n: Hi thank you for over 150 reads!!! i hope you like the story, comment if you have any comments, questions recommendations or ideas! thanks for reading.