Chapter Seven: The Bite

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me" El said.

You sat beside her on the couch as she explained what she saw in Billy's memories.

"Building something...Is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked.

"He must be" Will said.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought" Nancy said.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army
to spread" Mike sighed. "He's building it to stop Eleven. Last year, El closed the gate on him"

"I have a feeling that really pissed him off" Max said.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him"

"But if she's out of the way..."

"Game over" you said staring at the ground.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you" Eleven said looking at everyone. She looked at you and you grabbed her hand and squeezed. Wouldn't be the first time Billy wanted to kill you.

"Yeah, well, that's nice" Max said.

You heard some rustling outside of the cabin. The loud exploding fireworks was heard overhead in the sky, but you heard something louder in the background.

"Do you guys hear that?" you said.

Nancy stood up from her seat and listened, she heard it too.

"It's just the fireworks" Jonathan said, but you shook your head.

"Billy..." Nancy said. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?"

El nodded her head.

"He knows we're here" Nancy said.

You all got up and ran outside of the cabin. You ran down the steps and stopped at the dirt road, looking out into the trees. The top of the pines were moving violently and the light of the colorful fireworks helped you see clearly. The monster, from the hospital, was standing right there far into the trees, but it seemed bigger and angrier.

"Oh shit" you said.

You all ran back inside the cabin. Nancy grabbed the rifle from the shed and Jonathan got an ax. You and the party put up chairs and couches against the doors and covered the windows with boards and anything possible.

"Hey, get away from the windows" Nancy said.

You all stood in the middle of the room, waiting for it. Nancy held her gun up ready and loaded for the monster to come, Jonathan held his ax.

"It's close" Will said touching the back of his neck.

You heard the stomping outside the crashing of trees. You turned to Mike and you both exchanged a worried look. But then, the sounds stopped.

"Where'd it go?" Max asked.

You all stood in silence and frozen, waiting for something. All you heard was the rapid breathing of everyone in the room and you held your breath.

Suddenly, the window crashed and some sort of long claw-like mouth came into the cabin and started to attack. Eleven stood in front of you guys protectively and Nancy started to shoot at it. She kept shooting until she ran out of bullets. The claw started to go up to Nancy and attack but it started to violently shake. You turned with widened eyes and saw El with her hand out, blood out her nose and paining the claw with her mind.

"El!" Mike shouted from beside you.

She shouted and slashed her hand down, having the claw split in two. Your eyes and mouth were wide as you looked at her panting. Then, another claw-like mouth from the Mind Flayer crashed through a window and came at El, but she stopped it with her mind. Another came through the wall and went straight at her but she stopped it too. Both her hands were stretched out, torturing the two things. She then yelled and whipped her hands down, both the claws splitting in two.