Chapter Four: The Sauna Test

Start from the beginning

"It's almost like...You know when you drop
on a roller coaster?" Will asked you guys.

"Sure"

"Yeah"

"No" El said.

"It's like everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but... this is worse" he said.
"Your body...it goes cold and... and you can't breathe. I've felt it before, whenever he was close"

"Whenever who was close?" Max asked.

"The Mind Flayer" he said.

"I closed the gate" El said.

"I know, but...what if he never left?" Will said.
"What if we locked him out here with us?"

You all looked at each other with confused expressions.

"That day on the field, a part of him attached itself to me. My mom got it out of me, and Eleven closed the gate. But the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world? In Hawkins"

"I don't understand. The Demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies, the body dies" Max said.

"We can't take any chances" Will said. "We need to assume the worst, the Mind Flayer's back. And if he is, he'd want to attach himself to someone again. A new me"

"A new host" you said.

"How can you tell if someone is a host?"

You and El looked at each other and you both thought the same thing. Billy.

After explaining to the guys what you and the girls saw, you all biked to the public pool. It was nice and sunny today but you were all rushing to see if the monster was in Billy. You all stopped behind a car and looked through the gate. You saw Billy sitting on his tower wearing sunglasses and a long sleeved shirt which was odd.

"He looks pretty normal to me" Max said.

"Normal? How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?" you told her.

"I mean, it's a little weird" she said. You saw she didn't want to believe that there was something wrong with Billy. He might've been an asshole but she cared about him.

"More than a little, he was in a tub with ice. The Mind Flayer likes it cold" Lucas said.

"But he's lounging at the pool, which is, like,
the least Mind Flayer thing ever" Max said.

"Not necessarily" Will noted. "The Mind Flayer likes to hide, he only used me when he needed me"

"Okay, so we just wait until he gets activated"

"No, what if he hurts someone?" Will said.

"Or kills someone" you said backing him up.

"We can't take that chance, we need to find out if he's the host" Mike said.

He then got up from his kneeling position on the ground and started to go toward the locker rooms.

"Where are you going?" you asked him.

"I have an idea, boys only" he said.

Lucas and Will followed him but you got up in disbelief.

"Mike seriously?" you started to say.

"Just trust me on this one" he reassured you and ran to the men's locker room with Will and Lucas.

You sighed and went back behind the car with the girls. After a long while, Mike and the guys came back and explained the plan to you guys. You were going to lure Billy into the locker room and lock him in the sauna. You were going to set the temperature up super high and hopefully burn the Mind Flayer out of him, just like they did to Will last year.