Part 10. A Little Dispute.

Start from the beginning

[Y/N] doesn't know why but she too has to smile a little when she sees Bucky's reaction. It's almost as if his mood is contagious and [Y/N] feels that she is relaxing a little. Again, many questions go through her head that she would like to ask Bucky, but every word seems to cost her strength, so that she hardly likes to talk. And it takes a lot to silence [Y/N]. But Steve Rogers had done it.

"Maybe you should take a rest now. Sleep a little. Who knows what the world will look like afterwards, what do you think?" suggests Bucky after a while.

"You will probably still be the hunted Winter Soldier, Steve, Sam and Natasha will be criminals and I will be the unknown persecuted" [Y/N] replies sarcastically and is happy that her voice sounded as jokingly as she meant it. Actually, she already regrets her words because in her eyes, Bucky is way more than the Winter Soldier.

Bucky snorts in amusement, not caring about her words because he knows that she is right. "Not every problem can be solved overnight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still, [Y/N] listens to Bucky. Probably the first time since they know each other. After he leaves the room, [Y/N] goes into the bedroom, closes the blinds and goes to bed. In fact, she feels exhausted enough that she falls asleep within minutes.

Only a dull knock on her door a few hours later wakes her up. It's dark outside but it's only evening. A few moments later, Bucky is standing in the doorway, eyeing her from top to bottom. Her hair is disheveled from her restless sleep and her eyes are still slightly sleepy. As before, she wears black jeans and a wine-red hoodie. But the light from the living area bathes her delicate skin in a soft light that emphasizes her cheeks and nose. Bucky can't help but take a closer look. He hasn't seen a woman like this for a long time. He used to be a womanizer; a saying or a smile from him was enough to get him a date. He hasn't slept but spent a night with a woman way before he went to war and saw her in her true beauty: the make-up was already slightly worn, the hair disheveled and the glow of perfect styling dissolved. But that is exactly what made a woman so charming in his eyes: her naturalness when no one was looking. Not that Bucky has paid any attention to it in recent years. But a lot has changed since then.

[Y/N] also seems to be less concerned with styling and fashion. Nowadays it is normal for women to wear trousers, put on less make-up and pursue different career paths than in his days. Back in the 1940s, Margaret Elizabeth Carter was a rarity that broke all role clichés. Nowadays it seems normal for women to work as soldiers and fighters.
But at that moment, when [Y/N] sits in an upright position, slightly overslept, he has the same feeling as he did back in old days. The feeling of satisfaction and well-being. Therefore, he does not even notice that a slight smile appears on his lips while he continues to examine [Y/N] very carefully.

"James? Are you done staring at me then?" yawns [Y/N] and interrupts his thoughts.

"Bucky. My friends call me Bucky" he says, shaking his head to clear his thoughts, wondering what he was just thinking about. "You should have dinner" he mumbles when he remembers the reason for his visit.

"I'm not really hungry."

"I already thought so" Bucky replies, turning to take something from the tray that Steve had prepared for [Y/N]. He knew she wasn't going to talk to him yet and Bucky had offered to bring the food over to her. In the next second, an apple flies in her direction, which she skillfully catches with one hand. "Impressive" grins Bucky. "I won't leave until that apple is gone in your stomach."
[Y/N] sighs, but then bites straight into it. She knows there would be no point in arguing with Bucky, who looks at her with satisfaction. "You know, I never had the opportunity to thank you for your help" he says.