Chapter 19~Inner demons

Since regular classes are boring, let's skip straight to hero training. 

Since Mr. Dark let Mr. Aizawa take over the class for the day, we're just working on our super moves. He and Mr. Dark leave to discuss something, leaving us to our own devices. For the most part, everyone gathers into groups with their friends. 

I start walking towards Amethyst and Ruby but a hand on my shoulder stops me. I turn to see Iida grabbing my shoulder, the rest of the dekusquad behind him. 

"Can I help you?" I ask. 

"We need to talk," is the only response I receive.

I look over towards my classmates. As though he has a sixth sense or something, Kat looks over at me. He quickly glances towards the dekusquad, then back at me. He raises an eyebrow, silently asking me if I'm fine. I nod yes, then nod towards the dekusquad to let him know I'm going with them. Kat nods in response and turns back to his conversation

I follow the dekusquad a bit farther from the rest of the class, just far enough to be out of earshot. 

The five of them all turn to me, serious looks on their faces. I raise an eyebrow in confusion and remove my mask.

"What do you need?" I ask. 

"Why did you bully Reisha?*ribbit*" Asui asks in response.

I shake my head, "I never bullied her once. I've never insulted her, I've never hit her outside of training battles, and I've never sent her unkind messages. I don't know any other kinds of bullying, but I know I have never harmed Reisha in any way." I explain calmly. 

"We know you're lying," Uraraka says, "Reisha used to come to class covered in bruises that she got from you. Plus-"

"Do you know Reisha's quirks?" I interrupt. If I have their attention, I'm going to make sure they know everything.

My sudden interruption causes them to falter for a moment, though Midoriya quickly recovers and answers my question.

"Yeah, of course. Her quirk is called Bullet. She can shoot small laser bullets from her index finger when she shapes her hand like a gun. These bullets can either act like real bullets do or stun a person for a few seconds." he explains. 

"What about her other quirk?"

The dekusquad looks at me in confusion. I guess no one else ever found out about Reisha's little secret. 

"Reisha has two quirks," I explain, "her bullet quirk, the one you've all seen, and a quirk called makeup artist. Basically, Reisha can do anything that you could do with makeup. She can style and color hair instantly, as well as instantly apply blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, etcetera to anyone's face, as long as she comes in contact with the spot where the makeup needs to be applied. She can also do special effects makeup, such as fake injuries." 

I can see their eyes widen in realization, though they also appear skeptical. Honestly, I don't blame them for not believing me.

"If you don't believe me, have Shinso use his quirk on Reisha and me, then you'll all know the truth." 

With those words, I leave the stunned dekusquad behind. 

I put my mask back on and head straight to where Kat is training. Unfortunately, he is now surrounded by the former bakusquad and Reisha.

He looks ready to murder someone. 

The moment he sees me walking towards him, his expression softens. 

"You ok teddybear?" he asks, holding out his arms for a hug. I comply, immediately melting into his warmth. 

What I just did starts to set in. I told the dekusquad the truth, and they listened. It feels like a weight I never realized was there has just been lifted off my shoulders. 

Kat, seemingly sensing my relief, simply says, "you told them."

I nod, confirming his statement. Kat gives me a proud smile, "good job teddybear, I'm proud of you."

I smile back underneath my mask. Though our moment is cut short by a discount Pikachu.

"Bakugo smiled!" 

Kat immediately starts yelling at the poor boy, attempting to blow him up. Kirishima tries holding Kat back while Sero and Ashido laugh and record the scene on their phones. 

I can't stop myself from smiling at the nostalgia.

"Now listen here brat,"

Nostalgia ruined.

I turn to Reisha, giving her a glare of annoyance. "What?" I say, not even trying to hide the venom in my voice. 

Reisha doesn't blink nor falter. She just continues. "I don't know who you think you are, but Bakugo will be mine. You might be dating him now,  but I've known him longer. Just you wait, I can ruin your life in an instant but I feel generous today, so let's make a deal. Either you break up with Bakugo or I make your life a living hell. I can and will turn all your friends against you if you don't do as I say. Understand?"

I glare at the girl even harder. I might have let her get away with this in the past but not anymore. I have friends here that know the whole story and will be by my side when I need them. I have a stable relationship with a loving boyfriend who has and will protect and support me through difficult times. And I have a family, even if they're not my biological parents, who love me for who I am. 

Knowing that gives me the confidence I need,

"Listen here, Cindy Reisha, you can't get to me. I love Katsuki with all my heart and I will not break up with him just because you tell me to. You can try to make my life a living hell but no one here will fall for your lies. My friends and I have built up a foundation of trust and we've made bonds that you cannot break. Kat and I have put a lot of effort into our relationship and I know that neither of us will let that go to waste. There's nothing you can do to change it." 

Reisha stares at me, mouth agape and eyes wide. 

I smirk and walk away, my cape flowing behind me. Standing up to her makes me feel empowered. I'm fighting my past inner demons that I now realize have never left me, and that makes me feel stronger. 

I will get through this, once and for all.