Chapter 9~Mall trip

"Katsuki,"

"Katsuki."

"KATSUKI!"

With one last yell, I finally wake Kat up. He wakes up with a jolt, falling out of the bed in the process.

"WHAT! Oh, it's you, teddybear." Kat says, rubbing his head and pouting. I can't help but giggle at Kat's face, it's just so adorable. 

"Come on Kat," I say through my giggles, "we have to get ready to meet the class." 

It's Saturday and Amethyst thought that Kat and I should get to know the class better, so she arranged for the entire class to hang out at the mall. So now I just have to make sure Kat doesn't blow anyone up today. That's easier said than done. 

I walk to the front door to wait for Kat. He comes down only a few minutes later. 

"Let's go teddybear," he says, grabbing my hand and dragging me outside.

We walk for a while, just enjoying each other's company. The mall is a 15-minute walk from our house so it's not too long. Plus, it's an absolutely gorgeous day out. 

Soon enough, we reach the mall. I scan the crowd for our class and find them pretty quickly. It's not hard to spot a group of 18 teenagers. 

"There you guys are, I was wondering when you'd get here." Amethyst greets us. 

"Thank you for inviting us, it was really nice of you." I reply while Kat makes a 'tch' sound. 

Amethyst giggles and leads us to the rest of the class. 

I learned pretty quickly that Amethyst and Ruby both act like the class's big sisters. Amethyst being the more out-going and supportive sister while Ruby is the more logical and responsible sister. Either way, they've both been making sure that Kat and I feel comfortable around everyone and I'm very grateful for it. 

"Everyone, listen up," Ruby calls out, immediately catching everyone's attention, "so here's the plan: we'll split into groups depending on which stores we want to go to. At noon, we'll meet up at the front of the food court." 

Everyone nods in response and immediately we start getting into groups. 

Kat and I end up in separate groups, somehow. 

Amethyst amazes me sometimes. 

I end up in a group with three other girls and the blonde boy I was against in hero training the other day. 

"So, (y/n), how have you been liking Makota so far?" one of the girls asks. Her name is Catrina Bitar. She has short, curly dirty blond hair. She's about a head taller than I am and definitely a lot stronger. I think it has something to do with her quirk. 

I tell her and that starts quite an interesting conversation. It turns out that she enjoys reading fanfictions and watching superhero movies. We're going to watch the new movie coming out this weekend. 

"So, how did you and Katsuki meet," another girl, Lyra, asks. She seems very excited to hear the story.

"uh..." I stutter, trying to remember exactly what happened, "well, we officially met on our third day at school. He yelled at me for getting in his way during a training exercise." Lyra laughs at my words. "Anyway, I really admired his strength so I asked him to train me, it took some convincing but he eventually agreed, he's a very strict teacher but I improved a lot thanks to him."

"Slowly but surely, we got pretty close." I continue, "4 months into the school year, Katsuki and I had just finished training and we were just sitting around. He suddenly complimented me on my progress before confessing his feelings to me, and I returned those feelings. I was sweating, blushing, and probably looked like a mess, but he kissed me. No one was around and we kept our relationship a secret but, we've gotten so close that his parents actually invited me to move here to America with them. They really think our relationship will last, and I hope it will."

Lyra starts squealing and blushing at my story. Her quirk, sonic scream, keeps activating but she's not being loud enough to break anything. 

Time flies when you're having fun and before I know it, we're heading to the food court. 

"What are you going to order?" another of the girls asks. Her name is Hannah, her quirk is force field if I remember correctly. 

I think for a moment before deciding, "I'll probably just get (f/f) and a (f/d) if they have it here."

As soon as the others are in view, I walk towards Kat. The moment he sees me he walks towards me and envelopes me and in caramel scented hug.

"Did you have fun?" I ask, earning a grumble in response. 

"What happened?" I ask. 

"These extra's are crazy," he grumbles.

If I remember correctly, he was in a group with two girls and two boys. Amethyst went with him, as well as Ink and Max. I don't know the other girl though. She has red hair, black eyes, and dark skin. Her quirk gives her dragon-like features like red dragon wings and a matching tail.

"They can't be that bad," I tell him, looking towards the group. 

Max is flirting with a random girl that's definitely not part of our class, Amethyst and the dragon girl are squealing at something, and Ink is drawing in his notebook that he carries everywhere.

"Why don't we go get food," I suggest as Katsuki and I walk away from the chaotic group. 

Kat and I decide to go to a small pizza shop since it's easy. Kat gets a pepperoni pizza slice with extra chili peppers and a rootbeer. I get a (favourite pizza topping) pizza slice with a (f/d).

After an argument on who pays, which Kat wins, the two of us make our way to a booth in the corner where the rest of the class is eating. 

"There you two are! Come sit here, I saved you both seats." Amethyst calls out, waving to us. I take a seat beside her and Kat sits in between me and Ink, who's still drawing.

"What are you drawing, Ink?" I ask. He silently looks up but doesn't say anything. He slowly shows me his drawing...of me!

Ink's drawing is of me surrounded by beautiful flames in the shape of a phoenix. Even though the majority of the picture is in black and white, he coloured my hair, skin, and eyes already.

"Why isn't the rest of the picture coloured in?" 

Ink mumbles something I can't understand before asking "what's your favorite colour?" I raise an eyebrow in confusion before replying, "(f/c), what about you?"

He responds simply with "yellow," before returning to his drawing. I decide to leave him be and turn back to Kat, who's yelling at something Max said. 

This has been an eventful mall trip, though now I have to save Max from my boyfriend.