Ch.13 Little Fairy

Start from the beginning

"No!" Kiara jumped off Killian's lap. "Stop saying that. I am not going to them! They're evil and heartless."

"Evil?" Killian asked in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"They wrote this into our lives," Kiara argued. "They know everything that's going to happen but they will never give us a heads up. Why should we help people like that? They knew about Lila and yet they still let Bram take me! They put my baby in harm's way and I will never forgive them."

"Our baby," Killian corrected her. "They put our daughter in harm's way."

"You didn't even know about her!"

"I can't read mind, Kiara," Killian shook his head. "Yeah, I didn't know about her but that was the situation we were in."

"The situation the fates put us in," Kiara said. "I hate them. I can't look at them. I can see it in their eyes. They know what's going to happen but they will never tell us."

"But that's life," Killian tried to take her hand.

"I don't want that," Kiara yanked her hand away. "All of this is their fault. This mess with project skyfall and everything...they're letting it happen."

Killian didn't know what to say. He stared at Kiara with worry in his eyes as she stared back with anger and resentment. He didn't want to admit it but parts of him knew she was angry with him. She wouldn't let him touch her belly. She calls Lila her baby. She looks at him with so much...emptiness in those eyes at times.

Some days he thought he saw a glimpse of Kiara. When she wakes up or when she's in his arms laughing. But the moments pass too quickly. It was as if he had her right beside him, yet she was always somewhere far far away in her head.

With a deep sigh, Killian ran a hand through his hair. His lungs didn't function properly as he looked up at his girl standing before him with her angry eyes.

"How are things going with Dr. Trystan?" Killian asked. "When you see her next?"

Kiara suddenly laughed, "Why? Is my crazy showing, Killian?"

"No," Killian's eyes darkened. "Stop that."

"I can see the way you look at me," Kiara took a step back. "The way all of you look at me. You're making me go crazy."

"Kiara," Killian got up from the bed and took a step towards her. "No one is making you go crazy. We want to help you."

"Is that what Clare told you?" Kiara raised a brow. "She's the one doing all this isn't she?"

"No," Killian tried to reason with her. He was beginning to grow worried about how she was acting. "Kia, come here. Stop this right now. No one is doing anything. We all want you to be safe. I want you to be safe. You and Lila. Both of you. If anything ever happens to either one of you then I don't know what I will do."

"Then let's leave," Kiara said.

"What?" As Killian stared, Kiara's eyes began to water. Her bottom lip trembled and her cheeks grew pale.

"Killian, I heard what Clare and Dr. Trystan said about me," she held her hands close to her chest.

"Wh..what did they say?"

"They think I'm crazy," tears began to fall down Kiara's face. She locked her eyes with Killian as she took a small step forward. "They keep asking me all these questions. They're trying to get me to confess to something."

"No, kia. They're trying to help you."

"No!" Kiara shook her head. "They think I'm crazy and I'm dangerous. They're going to take me away. They're going to take Lila away from us."