2.ADITYA DESHMUKH

Vote goal:25 votes

Sweat beads started to trickle down his nape under heat of my gaze or maybe the guilt of what he did?

Oh! As if! Betrayal is not a crime committed without thinking and the culprit deserves no mercy in front my eyes.

He started to back out
"Sahib... Please let me explain, it was not suppo-" his words were abruptly adjourned when my fist collided with his cheekbones effectively making his mouth well with blood, which he started to splutter.

I signalled Ram to continue, because I knew for a reason I would end up killing that man with the anger that I had bubbling inside me. I strode out of the wharehouse, nodding to the securities standing outside.

Turning the corner to the village school, there was sounds coming from all sides as I parked my car at the school ground. I saw some children looking out through the windows in hope to find something which is more interesting than what the teacher is saying.
But as soon as they knew it was me the books and lessons immediately became more important and interesting.

Good.

Entering the Principal's office after knocking I came face to face with a very worried Nithya.

"Sahib! Please come in, take your seat." The young lady stood up from her seat, I had my inhibitions when I appointed her mainly because of her age, more than wordly knowledge a position like Principal of a school is based on experience and she was two years younger than me ie, 25 I think. But she proved all my doubts meaningless within the first month.

"Sahib I really don't know what to do now. It is mandatory to build new blocks for the children, it would be foolishness if we are not able to start classes for higher secondary even after getting the affiliation. And if we don't do that in next academic year many students who are now studying in 10th standard will leave education as a whole, you know the situation in this village." Nithya explained the situation I already knew of in a single breath.

That's true in this village no one really knows the value of education, the power of it. Even if the children are interested the financial situation and the mindset of the elders make them disappointed. Yes the traditions are good, everything about the culture and ethnicity are good, as for a fact I follow each one of them just like everyone else in this village but education is also equally important.

"What was the amount again Madam." I asked politely, that bastard and his friends stole all the money which was suppose to be used for the construction, he betrayed us. And his friends left the country, of course it was a big amount.

"2 Crores for the new block, the playground renewal and toilets. It is two different tenders actually." I could clearly read the guilt in her eyes for not being able to protect the money.

"Madam Ram will bring the cheque tomorrow first thing in the morning, don't worry." 2 Crores was not a big amount for me, and if it means it will let 1000s of dreams to come true then this was quite a small amount. According to me sharing education and Food are two great things one can do.

"No! Sahib you can't do that it's a very big amount, we can't sah-" she stopped talking the moment I stood up adjusting my waistcoat, she knew she is not gonna win.

"Thankyou for the time Mam." I said without letting her say thankyou, it was for my village. She don't have to thank me and the last thing I want to do is explain these to her and waste my time. So I left the place immediately.

****

"Do you have any conscience?? It's your marriage in 1 week and you are roaming around saving the day. Look at your face it is as black as coal. How can you roam around under the Sun like this?? You won't eat anything, won't rest!"

Coal?? Give it to my Ma to exaggerate things.

"Ma, I'm giving around two crores to the school due to all that happened." I said disregarding her lecture. And what's better to distract her than this topic.

"That's really great. Money finds its orginal value only when it's used for the right purpose. I'm not that educated but I do know the value of education. But sometimes I feel I did wrong by b-"

"Ma not again, all of us are happy. Don't do this Ma." I said staring at the most beautiful lady in my life till date, she was fidgeting with the corner of her saree pallu a thing which she does whenever she is overwhelmed with emotions. I stood up and hugged her, making her rest her body in my embrace, she slowly relaxed I felt wetness seeping through the cotton fabric of my shirt. I sighed. But somewhere it feels good eventhough there is sadness.

The satisfaction that I'm able to be her pillar of strength when she needs me.

After sometime she slowly came out of my embrace, subtly wiping her tears.

"Adi I feel better knowing that in one week everything is going to change, you will have someone to be there for you as a support."
She spoke while caressing my cheeks with all the love in the world shining in her silver orbs, shining like molten silver with the warmth of one of the purest forms of love in the world. And she left after taking the used plates from the dining table, disregarding my offer to help.

But her words rang in my ears 'someone'.

Little did I know, that someone was a person capable of making me see a whole new world, a person who was capable of making the weathered stone of my heart slowly melt. A person who was never meant to be in my life, but still ended up becoming my everything.

A mistake made by that someone or me which ended up in lots of tears or is it correct that,

'If there is shadow it means there is light nearby.'

**********

Hey,
So I'm back, writer's block is a real thing I tell you. Anyways so I've written two three more chapters for this book, so I can confidently say I'll update next Saturday.

So, what do you think of Aditya?

STAY HEALTHY

Love
Leah 😉
Vote goal:25, update on Saturday 9pm IST