"Hm, yes," Master Yoda croaked. "Hard to see, the darkside is."

Master Windu was unimpressed. Wynn was too young to know what she was talking about. "We will use all our resources to unravel this mystery. We will discover the identity of your attacker. May the Force be with you."

The three of them bowed in reverence, but Wynn didn't move even as Obi-Wan headed for the door. She studied Qui-Gon, who was still standing rooted in the same spot. Obi-Wan shared a look with Wynn, and she could understand him as clearly as if he had said the words out loud. She would know that look anywhere.

This isn't going to end well.

"Master Qui-Gon, more to say, have you?" Master Yoda asked, not entirely surprised.

"With your permission, my Master, we have encountered a vergence in the Force."

"A vergence, you say?" Master Yoda repeated, leaning forward in the curved orange chair.

"Located around a person?" Master Windu asked.

Of course not a person. We found this amazing rock we thought you might like. If looks could kill, Master Windu would have a nice hole burned straight into his head.

"A boy," Qui-Gon trod carefully with his words. "His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life-form. It is possible he was conceived by the midi-cholorians."

Out of the corner of her eye, Wynn saw Depa Biliba's face contort with confusion.

"You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force. You believe it's this...boy?" Master Windu said, lips parted in unveiled disbelief.

The prophecy, scrawled into the heart of a glowing holocron, was as old as the original Jedi philosophers. Many of the obscure legends in the hands of the Order weren't given too much importance. They came to pass with time and without much consequence. But the chosen one was a different story.

Based on what Wynn had seen, it might very well be the only story.

Qui-Gon digressed. "I don't presume to--"

"But you do," Yoda interrupted pointedly. "Revealed, your opinion is."

"I request the boy to be tested, Master."

"Oh?" Yoda hummed. "Trained as a Jedi you request for him, hmm?"

By this point, Obi-Wan was standing with his arms folded across his chest, watching the verbal game move between Yoda and Qui-Gon. If anything, Wynn knew he was vaguely entertained.

"Finding him was the will of the Force, I have no doubt of that," Qui-Gon pressed onward. He was making no headway, though, and Wynn could see in the eyes of the council that they would not agree to it. Not under the circumstances.

Nevertheless, Master Windu sighed and said, "Bring him before us, then."

Qui-Gon bowed once more before they finally left the room. As soon as the doors shut behind them, Wynn finally said what she had barely been able to contain.

"They can't see it," she shook her head. "They cannot see that there is too much potential to relegate this to another myth. You saw their disbelief, once they take Anakin's age into account, they will be too cemented in their decision to say otherwise. They won't allow him to be trained."

Qui-Gon thought about this, keeping his head facing forward. "Then I will have to change their minds."

"Anakin won't pass the council's test, Master," Obi-Wan continued, backing Wynn up. "She's right, he's too old."