A Blue Bastard

Work ended in a flash and I pondered over what to have for dinner. "Oyakodon or Katsudon...?"

"Atsuko." Aoba called. I swished my hair and looked at him. "What?"

"You not going home?" He asked. Then it struck me. I HAD NOWHERE TO STAY. "Cra-CRAP! God dang it I still don't have a place to stay! Crap crap crap crap..." I cried as loud as I could.

"Do you wanna cram at my house? We do have an extra room."

"It's fine... I can sleep on the streets." I replied. I really want to accept the offer but...

"Just come." Aoba insisted. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to his house.

*Time Skip*

"Ahre(It means 'Eh?' In Japanese)...? You're back, Atsuko." Oba-chan said. I just smiled back while stepping on Aoba's foot. "Ow ow ow ow!! Get your foot off mine!" Aoba yelped.

"Serves you right, you blue bastard." I cursed. Ba-chan slammed the table. "Atsuko, you ARE very vulgar, aren't you?" I smiled sheepishly. "It's all thanks to dad..."

"Sit down and eat. Then go take a shower. Atsuko, you smell!" Oba-chan scolded.

"Ba-chan~!" I whined. I plopped on the chair and looked at the dinner. Potato and meat stew... I wasn't a fan of stew, thanks to dad. There was once he tried cooking stew, and it gave me food poisoning for at least a week. That was enough to make me hate stew for the rest of my life.

I picked up the spoon and carefully took a sip of the sauce. My heart skipped a beat. The taste was heavenly. Unlike dad's. "Ba-chan... This stew is... awesome..." I told Oba-chan frankly.

"It's awesome, right?! This is my favourite!" Aoba chirped. I finished my share of the stew and washed the dishes. "Ne, Ba-chan." I called. "I'll pay you rent with some mountain herbs, since I'm staying here. I'll pay rent every week, so, deal?" Ba-chan eyed me suspiciously.

"You... live in the mountains...?" Shit... My mouth slipped.

"Y-yeah! It's the best place place in the world... y-you know." I stammered. "I go back every once per week. E-eh... I'm gonna shower now!" I sprinted up to the vacant room where Mizu was. I panted and facepalmed myself. Crap... what the hell did I do...?!

After showering, I took Mizu and tried to sneak out. But I was caught by Aoba when wearing my shoes. He pulled my hair. "What are you trying to pull?" A sharp pain surged through the nerves in my hair. Tears welled up in my eyes as the pain got more intense. "Let my hair go! AHHHHH!!!!! IT HURTS!!!!" I screamed and cried.

《Aoba's POV》

Atsuko was screaming when I pulled her hair. Was it that painful for normal hair? Thinking back, when those guys pulled my hair, it hurt as bad as hell. I guess I looked kinda something like Atsuko now. I let go of Atsuko's hair. "Sorry! I didn't know it hurt that bad!" She looked down through her window of tears and held her head tightly while she was sniffing. "Please don't do that... Don't do that..."