🌱| Farmer Boy and I

Shenelle POV

It's a beautiful brand new day! And guess what? Teeya and I are on our way to Timtooni's farm. I figured as a good friend I need to check up on him, You know judging from the outbursts yesterday, I couldn't just abandon it all like that.

We walk through the narrow grassy paths and I wonder why he even works on a farm. He is a prince for crying out loud. I tell Teeya my thoughts.

"Madam, the way you've been asking me questions about Timtooni erh, me I'm thinking my thought oo.....Timtooni if you've observed is a hardworking guy. I heard that, he went into a very serious fight with his dad on the issue. Timtooni wants to make his own income since he is capable, but his dad wants him to go the royal way! What even surprises me the most is that, Timtooni doesn't even need the money, which he is channeling all this energy for. According to reliable sources, he shares all his earnings from the farm among the Kumbungu Hospital, the Kumbungu L /A schools and all the poor Orphans here. A lot of people have benefitted from him. He is so generous," Teeya replies.

Timtooni never seems to amaze me. He just gives me something to admire about him. He is indeed a true prince, and he will make a great chief oneday!

We draw nearer the farm and I don't know what to expect. Teeya says she wants to visit a friend whose farm is nearby, so she's leaving me. Ugh, this girl, I wonder who she's going to visit?

With deep breathes,I move into Timtooni's gigantic farm alone.I spot him with his bare muscular chest and a hoe in between his hands. I quietly stand at the entrance contemplating whether to go back home or stay! I won't lie, I'm shy. What if he thinks I'm cheap or I want something from him, what if he thinks this is a nuisance?

I still stand there, with my eyes fixated on his every move. I've been there for quiet a while, and he hasn't even noticed! His head is fixed on the beds he is raising. Sweat is all over him and just keeps whistling to a tune, I couldn't identify. Well, I thought that was cute and I couldn't help but smile.

Thw size of the farm is outrageously large and I am shocked he single handedly works on it. Its divided into compartments, with different growing crops.

With the jar of Zomkom secured in my hands, I finally decide to break the silence.

"Working your heart out isn't going to do you any good, You know what you are doing? You are trying to block out the noise, yes that specific Noise. Look, No matter how hard you try it's still not gonna work ", I say with a light chuckle as I make my way to sit on an empty bench.

He laughs out loud still with  drops of sweat trickling down his muscular chest.

"How long have you been Been standing there?", he asks in his coarse northern accent, which I also genuinely admired.

"Long enough for you to notice!", I reply sassily.

He gives out a loud chuckle, and he reaches for a shirt to put on. I figured he was shy bare chested, maybe he felt uncomfortable. Its so funny when boys are shy!

He sits next to me and we both stare blankly at the progress of the farm. I can still feel that friction between us and I figured it was from yesterday as he poured his heart to me. I see dread in his eyes, his mom's death, really hit him hard!

"Look Shenelle about yesterday, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have poured out my heart to you like that. You equally have issues of your own and I shouldn't have offloaded it to you like that", Timtooni finally says, breaking the silence.

"Timtooni, Can I call you tee... Timtooni is too you know... the language barrier and stuff? I say out of the blue, shocking myself.
Fine, I've considered it once or twice in my head, but I was too shy to say it him. We weren't that cozy so?