2

THE NEXT MORNING

Today Matthew is looking way more handsome than anyday "hmm...!"thought Rachel "Hi" he said, while day dreaming she replied "Hello~~" " Hello Ms. Willow!" teacher said waving her hands " shall we start the class if you're done with your day dreaming..." she said. Rachel just sat down and the class started, but she was thinking about her sister if she is fine or not. The day ended with this and that.  'Sophia didn't complained about that girl I guess she might have got she deserves...' thought Rachel. Anyways.... as it was night Rachel opened her window to look at the beautiful moon when her eyes went towards a person shiloute who was  waving his hands. When she took a clear view of it turned out to be Matthew. She thought 'what is he doing here, that too in this hour'. She waved back, then he went back running happily like a fanboy just met his celebrity crush. She was a bit confused but was also happy to see him.

This continued till many days and Rachel's affection and love was growing more and more for Matthew so she decided to confess it. One day at school , that was the last day of the high school. ...Rachel stood in the middle of the ground and called Matthew, she holded his hands and said " I fell in love with you when I first saw you and day by day it grew stronger and now I'm saying this with my whole heart that....'I LOVE YOU'" Everyone was looking at them the silence grew and grew and then Matthew said
"SORRY Rachel but...I see you as my bestest friend whom I can't loose in my afterlife also..and I have a girlfriend *a girl came towards them* Blair ..... Sorry once again but please don't break our friendship.... I Love You but as a soul friend......" Rachel didn't say anything and just nodded as a response.. Rachel went towards the washroom casually as if she was not affected by what happened a minute ago. After entering there she broke, she started crying as if her whole world was falling apart. Rachel was crying continuosly until she got choked. She took out a inhaler and while looking at it she was saying "For the first time you are going to be used by me...."*smiles and takes that...*

'Rachel is having asthma since her birth but she never used the inhaler. As it was not needed....like now...'

From that day her heart became as cold as ice but never towards her sister Sophia. And whenever she saw Matthew and Blair she never showed her cold side, always acted as bubbly as possible, but deep inside she was burning and no one knew. Matthew always playfully flirted with her, and she always stopped him from doing this cause she don't want to ruin the couples relationship because of her.

Years passed and they graduated, for her job Rachel had to shift to Paris leaving her dear sister and her so called first love... 'Everything was going fine..we guess' but one fine evening a muffled, giggling sounds of a girl could be heard from the balcony of an apparent on the 36th floor of a 40 storey building. There sat a girl as beautiful as the moon itself that was shining brightly on the night sky. Her legs were hanging out from the edge of the balcony and she was non other ss Rachel, she was holding a phone in her hand, supposedly talking to her first love after getting rejected and becoming Just Friends.

Rachel's P.O.V
"Wait a minute" His voice, as deep as the ocean itself pierced through my heart.
Rachel: I've been waiting all these years.....
Matthew: Oh....... For whom?
Rachel: Anyone and Everyone.
"Someone in particular?" He asked ina a very unusually kind voice. That kindness had you showed it to me back then, this would've changed into something much more beautiful.
" You." I replied in my cold and as lifeless as a rock voice.
"Me?!" He asks after a full 7 seconds of silence and that too very cheerfully.
Rachel: You seem to be really happy about it huh? Aa if you would come running to me right now.
Matthew: I wish I could come. It would have been fun.
Rachel: Everything is not always as fun as you think. No need. Stay with your girlfriend. She won't be happy if she listens to us right now.
Matthew: Babe she won't be happy either if she finds out I love you much more than just a friend.
Rachel: Then why did you rejected me?
SILENCE. Complete SILENCE. It's killing me!
Rachel: Fine! Let break the silence as I always do. That's why I'm telling you to stop flirting with me and concentrate on your girlfriend. She's already envious of me without even us doing anything gravely suspicious. Imagine if she sees the real us. It would be terrifying for her. You really sort out your priorities.
Matthew: Never gonna happen babygirl. I would never let her find out. And I think I've sorted out my priorities accordingly.
Rachel: And that concludes that your girlfriend is your utmost priority and I'm your second. But why do you act otherwise?
Matthew: Maybe because that's why truth.
And he started laughing. Why the hell is he like that?!
Rachel: What is so funny to make you laugh like that?
Matthew: Nothing. Laughing is good for health. You should also laugh quite often. It really does suit you.
Rachel: I do laugh and smile. In fact much more than you do.
Matthew: Oh really?
I could clearly imagine the smug face he's making right now.
Rachel: Yes really. It's just that I can't really hide my true self from you. I don't know why but it's too difficult.
Matthew: That's nice. Atleast you got someone to show your real self.
Rachel: I guess it's only me who got one. You should also find yourself someone similar.
Matthew: I don't want to. I'm happy as I'm.
Rachel: Well it's your choice I can't stop you. Don't mind me.
Matthew: I can't stop minding you at all.
Rachel: Then I think I should stop saying absurd things.
Matthew: No. Don't. Please don't. I love to hear them.
Rachel: Your girlfriend won't be happy if she heard you.
Matthew: Just stop mentioning her, will you? Please lets just focus on us right now.
Rachel: Yeah, Whatever. But today I'm not in the mood to continue anymore. So, Bye.
Matthew: So early?
Rachel: It's already been two hours since we started talking. And it's still early? If we want we could continue forever and you would say 'SO EARLY' every time I try to hang up. So, Good Bye.
Matthew: No Goodbyes, sweetheart. I don't like goodbyes.
Rachel: Fine! Bye! And just remember that I will always love you the same. And also give my regards to your girlfriend.

AUTHOR'S P.O.V
"Give my regards to your girlfriend. Keep her happy. And I Love You." " But wait!" And with that she threw her phone onto the balcony floor and jumped of the building into nothingness. Little did she know that her first love loved her back much more than she did. Funny how restricted emotions could lead to something so dangerous.

'But...... what about Sophia? She will be now alone and won't know about Rachel's death......"Oh! Wait what's that noise" " Authornim.....where are you....~~?" "Oh! Hey Rachel, wait! Rachel, RACHEL WILLOW! Ah!!! ———" " Oh come on Authornim don't scream my ears hurt" "Oh! Sorry...but I made you as beautiful 'as the Moon itself' and now after death you look ' as scary as Death itself' so... that's why I screamed. " "So Authornim I'm going to my hometown Aarberg. Well how many years passed since I died. " "Are you kidding me Rachel you just died, and you came to me out of nowhere. " " OK! Sorry continue———" '