I'm hear him chuckle. "I was joking."

"Are you sure you can still make babies right now?"

"Of course," He says. "I've seen it happen to a bunch of my friends. I just can't make babies while I'm a cat."

"But-but how? Why is it like that?"

"I don't know," He shrugged. "Ask nature or whatever the hell made us this way."

"So I didn't screw your reproductive system up?"

"Nope," He pops the 'p', "In order for me to lose my baby-making thing while I'm a human is when I get that thing..."

"Vasectomy?"

"Yeah... Whatever that is."

"It's when they make a little incision on your seminal vesicles and that stops your sperm production."

"How do you know so much about this?" He furrowed his brows.

"I took sex ed and an anatomy class," I explained and then asked worriedly, "So what about the girls? How do they get spayed?"

"The veterinarians usually take out their cat ovaries."

"But when they're back to human form, do they still have it?"

"I think so," He shrugs. "I wouldn't know. I haven't seen a female cat in years."

"How come?" I furrowed my brows.

He shrugs. "Female werecats are quite reserved."

"Oh."

"Yeah, well enough about me," He says sternly. "Would you like to explain to me why you locked yourself in the bathroom and gulped down a whole bottle of vodka? You know, you overdosed and nearly died if I hadn't made you puke it all out."

"That was kind of the whole point," I mumbled, knowing that he could still hear me either way.

His eyes softened and he took a seat on Ryder's bed. "Sit next me to me," He ordered.

I did what he said and he threw his arm around my shoulders. His familiar cat scent engulfed me and I didn't care that he was a stranger pretending to be a normal cat. I had told him a lot of secrets and that wasn't going to change because he was a werecat.

"Why did you do it?"

"Because of Ryder," I whispered and felt a wave of emotions hit through my again. The pain I felt back then was once again here. "He... He kissed another girl- or at least, he let the girl kiss him."

-

• So yeah, cole is a werecat and that was the surprise I wanted to reveal lol but basically Cole stops Grace from harming herself even further

• Grace ends up packing her bags and left to stay with Lily afterwards, leaving a letter for Ryder about how she's breaking up with him

• Ryder finds the letter and is distraught, he does whatever it takes to win Grace back

• After what takes forever to win her back, Grace warms up to him again, and I have another scene written out:

[written in 2014]

"God, I'm drunk," Ryder said, his speech slurred as his heavy body leaned against mine. "And god, you're so beautiful."