20. Apologies

Magsimula sa umpisa

"V I'm not mad. I understand that you were upset and I know you're not ready to tell me what is going on with you and your brother. And I meant what I said that night. I'm sorry for just disappearing on you, I never meant to do that." He says sincerely, and I just send him another smile.

"God I missed you too Mateo. It was strange not talking to you but I just needed time for myself." His small smile turns into a wide grin. It was time to finally tell him how I felt and I truly did miss him. I want him to stay forever, no matter the circumstances.

"Alison would text me letting me know you were okay. I mean I know that you were at home but I just wanted to make sure you were fine." He says while reaching for my hand. His fingers trace lightly over my knuckles and my cheeks heat up at the action. Feeling bold, I intertwine our fingers together. This feels nice. Holding someone's hand, especially Mateo's.

We continued to talk as if we never stopped in the first place. Our hands still intertwined on the table. He told me about how he had to hang out with Adam and Alejandro instead of me and that it wasn't the same. The food eventually comes and I let go of his hand so he can eat his food.

While eating, we talk about random things. We talk about shows we're currently watching, I tell him I'm watching Grey's Anatomy and he told me he's currently watching the 100. This goes on until he's finished eating. It;s nice to see him talk about things he likes to do. His face lights up and his small is one I would love to see everyday if I could. It just makes my heart want to burst into a million little pieces.

"Are you doing anything today? I want to take you somewhere." He tells me as he puts his hoodie back on. "No, I don't think so. Where do you wanna go?" I question and he shakes his head. "That's a surprise sweetheart." He takes my hand and helps me stand up. I missed hearing him call me sweetheart. Mateo pays for the food and we walk hand in hand out the door. He opens the door for me once I'm in my car and I smile brightly at him.

"Okay I'll follow you back to your house and then we can just take my truck yeah?" I nod at him and with that I step into my car and turn it on. I wait until I hear the rumble of his truck so I can start backing out of the lot.

A couple minutes later I pull into my driveway while Mateo parks in front of the house. I quickly get out of my car and look at Mateo. He's looking right at me with a smile. I smile back and pull out my phone. Sending him a quick text telling him to give me a minute, he responds with an okay. I make my way inside the house and run up the stairs. Rummaging through my closet, I try to find some jeans. Once I find a random pair of dark blue ones, I take off my shoes, change from my sweats into the jeans, and slip on my shoes quickly.

Making sure I look fine in the mirror, I pick up my keys from where I threw them on the bed, I leave my room and run back downstairs.

Locking the front door and making sure it's locked, I start to walk towards Mateo's truck. I hop inside the truck and put the seatbelt on. Mateo sends me a smile and starts to drive down the street.

"Sooo you really aren't going to tell me where we're going?" He chuckled at my question and I already knew his response.

"No you're gonna have to wait but trust me it's worth it." He takes a quick glance at me and smirks.

The more we drive the less houses I see. Mmm I'm not really sure where he's taking me but I hope it's somewhere safe. But I do trust him so I'm sure he wouldn't put me in danger. Looking back at him, he looks so attractive. His right hand on the wheel, his other on the center console. His serious face looking straight ahead. Maybe that's why I never tried to talk to him, he looks intimidating but he had a really kind heart.

Fifteen minutes later, we're driving down a dirt road. I squint my eyes trying to see what's at the end but it's no use. Not wanting to ask him anymore I just relax into the seat. Eventually we stop at the end of the road. My eyes widened at the sight. It was a field, one I've never been too. The grass is green and the trees look as if they're swaying with the wind. I'm assuming we spent some time at the diner considering the sun is starting to go down.

"I've never been here." I tell him while I still look at the sight in front of me. "Yeah, it's beautiful isn't it?" He questions and I look back at him. "It is." I smile at him.

"Well," he says, releasing a breath. "What are we waiting for? Lets go." That's all he had to tell me and I got off the truck quickly.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air. I smile at how free I felt.

Maybe it's time to tell him the truth.