Part 6: Comfort

Bucky
I immediately enter her room after hearing her shaky voice respond. She's sat curled up in a ball against the wall by her door. I close the door behind me and slide down next to Rose. "Come here doll." I say as I pull her into a hug placing my chin on top of her head.

"I'm a mess Buck. I can't eat, I can't sleep and I can't forget what I have done." she says whilst crying into my chest.

I slowly pull away from her, holding her arms so that they are facing each other. "It wasn't you. It was hydra. Don't blame yourself for what they made you do." he told her.

"But I've hurt so many people. I don't deserve all of this help." she says looking at the floor crying. She then looks at him, "I don't deserve your help."

I can't help but cry hearing that she thinks that she doesn't deserve help. "Don't say that. You deserve the world. You are an amazing person, I remember the girl I met all those years ago." I say smiling through the tears, "the one who wanted to help people. I know that she is still in there. You are so strong, you can push past this and you will be a better person for it."

She begins shaking her head as her cries continue, "I can't do it. I can't live with all of this guilt inside of me. I will never be able to undo any of the pain I've caused."

I sighs. "You're right, you can't undo it. I wish I could undo what they made me do too, but I can't and those things will haunt me forever." I tell her, "But now I work to make the world a safer place and so can you."

She looks at him with a pleading look, " I don't think I can do it by myself, can you help me?" she asks.

I pull her back into my arms. "Of course I can." I say with as a soft smile grows on my face. I won't let her be alone while these thoughts are running through her mind. I won't stop until I help her see that she is still the same girl I first met.

Rose takes deep breaths as she begins to stop crying and pulls away from me. "Thank you so much. I'm so sorry for hardly speaking to you, or anyone, these past few days. All you guys have done is help and I haven't even had the decency to speak to everyone. They must hate me."

I give her a soft smiles, "Of course they don't hate you. They understand that you need time. You have nothing to be sorry for." I tell her. Everyone knows she must have been through hell and back all these years, me most of all.

Rose smiles looking down to her feet. The same way she done all those years ago. "I'm so lucky that I have you."

"I'm so happy to have you back." I whisper as I pull her back into my embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rose
As he pulls me back into his arms I can't help but feel safe, like I'm at home. I've waited for this moment for so long, every time I came out of that zombie state they put me in, I just wanted to feel this again. I don't want it to end, so I just stay there. In his arms. I don't even know how long passes but neither of us move. It was calming.
I wait a little longer before moving out of his embrace. "I think I should go apologise to everyone."I tell him.
He gets up off the floor before turning and offering me his hand, "Come on then." he smiles.
I take his hand and I feel weightless as he lifts me off the ground. He leads me downstairs, not once letting go of my hand. I don't mind though, just a simple gesture like this makes me feel ten times better.

I see Wanda and Pietro as we reach the bottom of the stairs and know that's where I need to begin. Bucky offers me a smile of encouragement as he releases my hand. I apologise for the part I played in their time at hydra and they said that they understood that I was just as much of a victim as them. I can't thank them enough for understanding, I wouldn't expect them to after everything they've went through, but they did.
Next I apologised to everyone else about my distant behaviour and told them all how grateful I am that they are letting me stay with them. They all accepted my apology which I was relieved for. After what I've done I didn't expect nothing else but to be locked up in a cell, or even worse.