Lakshatru vs Everyone Else

En başından başla

Shatrughan scowled at him as they walked out of the courtyard, crossing his arms across his chest. "I thought you believed in me, Laksh. Besides, who cares? We won't be found, right, that's the entire point? I'm a mastermind, you're a mastermind, we're both mischievous, and you're good at convincing people and i'm good at convincing people-we'd be the perfect match, won't we?" When Lakshman simply swallowed, and seemed ready to back out, Shatrughan leaned closer, raising his eyebrows high. "Are you a scaredy-cat, bhaiyya?" he asked tauntingly, giving his brother a knowing smirk.

Lakshman gasped, affronted. Then, his eyes narrowed and he growled in a way similar as a tiger would do to its prey. "I am not scared. I am just worried. But I shall not be anymore. I won't back down from anything, and that includes helping you with this shop! We'll prove ourselves successful, and then they'll all repent!" he threw his arms into the air and Shatrughan applauded. "But-I only have one question, Mr. Ideas man. What would we sell, Shatrughan? I mean-neither of us are good at anything-"

Shatrughan shook his head. "Speak for yourself, talentless dumbo. I say that we make statues and then I detail them with gold-well, we won't have any of that-so, um, minerals! Rocks and pretty minerals! People would go crazy for that! Right? I mean-people should go crazy for that." Lakshman shook his head wonderingly. "Ah you just got to believe, bhaiyya! Kumbaya, my friend! Hakuna Matata and all that stuff. Believe!" Shatrughan made the om sign, which only made Lakshman want to return to the comforts of the palace-but Lakshman never backed away from a fight.

"Okay, let's get ourselves a place, indie hippie, to stay and then we can get a table and make a stall and hopefully people won't notice that we're princes and not commoners who don't know a single thing about the art of selling absolutely anything." And with that, the twins walked off into the distant night. "They probably won't even come after us."

----O----

"I don't know, bhaiyya. Maybe we should have gone after them." Bharat bit his nails and paced around as Ram watched him (you guessed it) calmly. Ram did everything calmly, but he especially mastered the art of watching people very calmly. "I don't know where Shatrughan is-maybe he's out there, all alone, shivering in the darkness. He hasn't returned! Maybe he's in danger! Maybe he's in trouble! Maybe he's hurt! Oh no! The youngest of all of us is out in the very scary and nightmarish Ayodhya with nobody else!"

Ram shook his head. "Shatrughan's just stubborn, like Lakshman, that's why he hasn't returned. Thankfully, he's less stubborn, and when he discovers that there are no ladoos and no gold out there, he will return, Bharat, mark my words. He just needs to learn that people have it hard out there. And what are you talking about? My Laksh is also out there, all alone! I'm scared for him, if anything, but I shouldn't be, of course, because I know my Laksh, and he would defend Shatru at all costs. He probably went with the entire weaponry, or at least his daggers!"

-----O----

"ARGH! I forgot my daggers!" Lakshman cried, rolling over as the twins lay down in front of the forest in a meadow. "Now what will we do if we're attacked or something? Absolutely nothing! We won't be able to do anything! We'll be defenseless, and we'll die in moments, and then Maa-s- and Papa probably will laugh at us, and Bharat bhaiyya will give Ram bhaiyya his famous "I-told-you-so" look and Ram bhaiyya will be all "I am so disappointed in you, lakshman" to my cremated ashes!"

Shatrughan snorted. "Yeah, as if. You'd probably twist our attackers' heads off, no problem. And besides, before you do any of that, I'd probably scare them off with my good looks!" he flexed his arm, making Lakshman roll his eyes. Sure, he couldn't see anything, but he knew exactly what Shatrughan did, because he was just so completely and utterly predictable. "We should all be optimistic."