Korra pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. This was stupid, way too stupid. She took a deep breath in and then locked eyes with her partner, flashing her a toothy grin. It was awkward and clearly forced... It almost looked painful to pull such a face like that.
"Like this?"

Kuvira examined it and then winced.
"It looks awful."

Korra rolled her eyes and her face relaxed into it's normal serious expression.
"Whatever."

A smirk played on Kuvira's lips as she looked at her partner smugly. Maybe there was some way she could bring a smile out of her.
"Oh and by the way, try not to fall in the staff room again. That was really painful to watch."

All the blood rushed to the small woman's cheeks and she smacked a palm to her forehead.
"Please don't remind me of that ever again."

Kuvira hurled over into a fit of laughter.
"You have to admit, it was pretty funny."

"We've been partners for this case for almost 2 days and I already hate you." Korra huffed and crossed her arms.

Kuvira's mouth went agape and she let out an exaggerated gasp.
"Ouch Boss. That hit me right here." She said and patted her chest.

The bell rung and Korra didn't know whether to feel happy or unhappy about it. Happy because she could finally be free from Kuvira's patronising, but also unhappy because.. well kids. She gave Kuvira a look of warning and jabbed a finger into her shoulder.
"If you keep this funny business up Kuvira, your badge will be given back to Chief Beifong."

Kuvira rolled her eyes and walked beside her boss, behind the stampede of little kids. She knew Korra wouldn't actually do such a thing, it was only a small threaten.
"Come on Boss. You don't have to be serious all the time."

Korra stopped her walking and frowned at her partner.
"If you haven't noticed, a drug dealing murderer is on the loose and it's up to us to find him before anyone else gets hurt." She muttered, making sure to keep her voice down so no one could hear them.
"Of course we've got to be seriou-"

"It's nice to see the newbies getting along."

Korra's eyes flew open wide and she quickly grabbed Kuvira's hand and shook it. A forced smile appeared on her face, the awful one, as she heard the shuffling of someone else walking towards them.
"Thanks Kuvira for the tips, I will certainly be using them." She exclaimed.

Kuvira chuckled nervously and nodded, turning to the new face that joined their conversation.
"Good morning Bolin."

"Mornin!" He said, he was in a rather jolly mood for a morning.
"How are you guys?"

Kuvira flashed him a smile.
"I'm good thank you. How are you?"

"Pretty good actually." he said and then turned to Korra, waiting for her to answer his question.

"I'm.. great." Korra answered and then pretended to check her wrist watch.
"And I'm late, see you guys later."

"That's if you can find the staffroom." Kuvira called out and she earned a glare from her boss who made her way back into the school. She was in trouble that was for sure.

<->

With a notepad rested on her knee and a pen in hand, Korra gazed over the million pairs of eyes that were looking back at her. They were all beady, all wide with wisdom and it was almost scary. They were all so full, so small.

She cleared her throat and looked at each and every student that sat on the carpet in front of her. Opal's words rung in her head over and over, she had a game planned out of some sort. Well, it wasn't really a 'game' but she hoped it would work. It was her only shot to actually get some sort of information out of these kids.