un

September 5, 1975

September 5, 1975

aquila awoke to the sounds of laughter coming from felicity and aurelie as charlotte screamed about not wanting to go to class. that was, until they heard a tap at the window.

aquila got up with a groan and glided over to the window where her family owl was waiting.

"aqua? who's that letter from?" charlotte asked, also walking over to the window.

"mother and father." Aquila replied, tensely, opening the letter.

aquila lyra black,

your father and i have spoken with your headmistress and we have decided to transfer you to hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

we have already informed the dubois, dupont, and angelo families of this switch and their daughters will be attending with you, as you have told us you are friends with them.

remember, you are to be sorted into slytherin and bring pride to the noble and most ancient house of black. if you are not, you bring shame to the family. i expect a letter about how the sorting goes.

also, DO NOT associate yourself with blood-traitors, mudbloods, or half-breeds.

make me proud.

regards,

walburga irma black.

the noble and most ancient house of black.

aquila finished the letter, and cracked a smile. the girls looked at her and she shoved the letter into their hands.

once the girls read it, a loud squeal broke out.

the girls turned towards felicity in amusement as she covered her mouth with her small hand.

"sorry..." she said, sheepishly, "we're going to Hogwarts!"

aquila and charlotte proceeded to watch as their aurelie and felicity jumped around in a circle excitedly, and when a knock sounded at the door, aquila walked over to the door and opened it.

"can i help you?" she asked, erasing the emotions from her previously content face.

headmistress clemente was standing at the door with a warm smile, looking softly upon the girl who had grown to be one of her favorite students.

"yes, heiress' black, dubois, dupont, and angelo, you will please be at my office and ready to leave by 5:30pm sharp, we don't want you to be late for the sorting ceremony." clemente said, leaving immediately after.

~~~~~~~~~~

aquila, aurelie, charlotte, and felicity had said their goodbyes to their few acquaintances, teachers, and house mates, and were walking to the headmistress' office.

when they arrived, aquila knocked on the door and headmistress clemente allowed them to enter.

"now, girls, i expect you to show what beauxbatons has taught you during your time here and remember you are always welcome here." valentine exclaimed, before moving to where they could access her fireplace to floo to hogwarts.

aquila went first.

"hogwarts headmaster's office." aquila stated clearly.

followed by felicity, aurelie, and lastly charlotte.

they arrived in the headmaster's office and straightened out their clothing.

"ah, i've been expecting you. welcome to hogwarts misses angelo, black, dubois, and dupont." headmaster dumbledore said calmly. his blue eyes had a knowing glint in them and it made aquila uncomfortable, not that she showed it.

"actually, it's heiress, headmaster dumbledore, please use our proper titles and refrain from calling us miss..." aquila responded, politely, refraining from sneering at the man in front of her.

"of course, my mistake, you must forgive me, the old age must have taken over, now... let us head to the feast where you will be sorted..."

~~~~~~~~~~

Published: 11 February 2022
Edited: 21 October 2022