flashback

1 September 1971

1 September 1971

3rd POV

when aquila arrived at the headmistress' office, she dusted off her clothing and waited for the woman to acknowledge her.

looking up from her paperwork, valentine clemente, headmistress of beauxbatons academy of magic, glanced toward the fireplace and her eyes widened when she saw the heiress.

"hello, my dear." headmistress clemente greeted, softly.

"good afternoon, headmistress." aquila said, her face blank.

"miss black, i take it you are here for the sorting?" valentine asked.

"yes ma'am." aquila answered.

"come with me, i shall escort you to the rest of the first years." the headmistress instructed, leading aquila to the entrance hall of the castle.

aquila had inwardly admired the school corridors. everything looked as if it were out of a book. the castle was huge and had architecture that made it look as if it were made for royalty.

arriving upon the carriages that had just pulled up, filled with the new students, clemente nodded her head and dismissed herself to get to the Dinner Hall.

a tall woman came to receive the first years.

"good afternoon, my name is madame maxime and i am the charms professor. there are three houses you may be sorted into. papillonlisse, ombrelune, and bellefeuille. your house will depend on your traits, and you will stay with your house until you graduate. disciplinary actions will be taken as necessary and you will wait here until they are ready for you." the woman, madame maxime stated, before leaving into the dinner hall.

whispers filled the space of the entrance hall, and aquila grew annoyed.

"hello!" aquila heard a melodic voice say from behind her.

as aquila turned around, she had her gaze set upon a set of three girls that all looked very different.

"i'm felicity angelo, what's your name?" the shortest girl asked.

"black. aquila black." aquila answered coldly, her expression not wavering.

the people who were within hearing range gasped. aquila black was a very known name within the pureblood community, even in france.

"are you really?" the fiery red-head questioned, looking fascinated.

"yes. i am. now if you wouldn't mind, i would like to be left alone, unless you're something worth my time, which you are not." aquila said, icily.

"i can tell we're going to be very good friends." the blonde girl slightly squealed.

aquila just ignored her and looked ahead.