Craptain America

Depuis le début

"Are there anymore aliens outside?" I asked Nat who was helping people out alongside me.

"Not that we know of," she turned to Clint who was getting his arrows ready. "We need a perimeter check before we let these people out."

"On it!" Sam and Clint spoke simultaneously.

I saw Vision, Steve, Wanda and Tony struggling to keep the creature away from Vision's stone. I ran in their direction to help.

"Y/n," Nat grabbed my wrist. "You still don't have full control of your powers."

"I have to help!" I exclaimed before running into battle.

The creature had a scepter- like weapon that he was using to strike at the fighting Avengers. He was kicking everyone's ass left and right. Tony's suit was singed and running out of power, Vision had been literally thrown out of compound by the monster and would probably make his reappearance at any moment now, and worst of all was Steve.

He was battered and beaten on the ground. He couldn't even get up. I wanted to run to him, but I had to take care of this alien before I could do so. Wanda saw me come into the fight and gave me a nod. I knew what this meant.

She and I had been trying to combine our powers to make fighting easier, but I was just too out of control to handle it. But this was life and death, I needed to focus.

"Ready?" She asked. I nodded.

We striked the monster at the same time which did nothing but piss him off. He tried to strike at us, but Vision came back at the right time. He went through him and grabbed his scepter so that he couldn't use it as we were trying this move. Vision then used the stone to send another blast of energy to add to ours.

The energy finally got too much for the monster and he exploded, his green guts flying onto us. It was absolutely disgusting, but I didn't care. I ran to Steve on the ground while Wanda and Vision ran to Tony.

"Steve!" I exclaimed, my heart aching at the sight of him. I pulled him up onto his feet and almost stumbled when he shifted his weight onto me. I tried to walk with him, but he wouldn't budge. I looked down at his legs and one of them was split open.

"Steve, I know your leg is fucked up right now but you need to move. We can't fix it if we don't get you down to the infirmary."

"No," he breathed, too out of breath for the sound to come out of his mouth. "No, Y/n, listen."

I walked in front of him, needing him to understand the urgency of the situation and that he could possibly bleed out and die with a cut that big.

"Please," he spoke before I could. "I love you, Y/n. I thought about nothing but you as soon as I saw that thing."

Though his words were sweet, I was sure he'd just hit his head while in the fight. I couldn't take his words at face value. He'd probably lost too much blood and didn't know what he was saying.

"Steve, we can talk about this later. You probably hit your head. We need to go-"

"I love you," he held me in place. "I love you so much."

"Steve," I looked around to find the others gone. Probably in the infirmary. I looked back at the worn down soldier in front of me and thought of how it is I would get him to go to the infirmary before he passed out.

"Y/n-" he whispered, getting weaker by the second. I looked into his beautiful blue eyes and felt my heart ache as he waited for me to return his feelings. Of course I loved him back, but I didn't wanna tell him and then have him take it back as soon as he healed.

"I love you too." I told him truthfully. "Now please, can we get to the infirmary?"

"Do you mean it?" He ignored my question. "Or are you just trying to get me there?"

"Steve, you of all people know that I would never lie about something like that."

He used whatever strength he had left to pull me to him and kiss me. The kiss wasn't ideal seeing as we were covered head to toe in alien juice, but it was perfect nonetheless.

"Steve," I separated our lips. "Please let me take you now."

He chuckled. "Right. Forgot I was bleeding out for a sec."

————————