Chapter Five - Pain

I promise, THIS IS NOT THE END. And apologize in advance, and you will understand why when you read the chapter. 

You may very well hate me for what happens, but since it sort of ends on a huge cliffhanger, I PROMISE I WILL UPDATE TOMORROW.

Character Post (and my blog, which will periodically get updates about this story, if anyone is interested): http://andoffhewent.tumblr.com/post/111729259011/handcuffs-character-synopsis 

Don't forget to Vote and Comment! 

ENJOY!

We had spent first period in one of the study rooms in the library, and after that they had taken turns walking me to, and picking me up from each of my classes. It wasn’t necessary, of course, because after this morning no one had even glanced at me. It was a freeing feeling, but I couldn’t help the overwhelming feeling of dread that was growing in the pit of my stomach.

Ryder leaned against the wall of lockers across from my English classroom, and as I exited he straightened up, making his way to my side. His hand rested on the small of my back as we made our way to the cafeteria for lunch, and he stayed tense as if he was expecting something to happen.

He steered me towards the lunch line, not giving me much of a choice as he grabbed a tray and started piling food on top of it. I grabbed a salad because it was the cheapest thing there, sending a wistful glance towards the cheese fries. Kade had created a monster yesterday when he introduced me to the glory of cheese covered foods.

A hand reached out, grabbing the cheese fries, and I watched as Ryder put them on his tray. The next thing I knew, he was taking the salad from my hands and putting it back, not sparing me a glance. “I’m buying lunch. Get whatever you want,” he grumbled, grabbing a burger for himself.

I bit my lip, pausing for a second before grabbing a turkey sandwich, along with two packets of mustard and putting them on his tray. I looked over the rest of the food, not particularly finding anything interesting, so I grabbed one of the big bottles of strawberry milk, placing that on his tray. I didn’t miss the smirk on Ryder’s lips as he looked over what I had gotten, and I couldn’t help the blush that flooded my cheeks.

He paid for the lunch, and as he held the tray in one hand, he once again placed his other on the small of my back and led me over to a table in the corner of the room, where his brothers and their girlfriends sat.

Ryder pulled out a chair for me, and I had to suppress the shocked look on my face as I sat in it, him taking the seat next to mine. He placed my sandwich and milk in front of me, along with the cheese fries, not sparing me a glance as he said one simple word, “Eat,” before digging into his own food.

I stayed quiet, eating my food, but I didn’t miss how whenever I moved everyone’s eyes would shoot to me. Finally, about halfway through the period, I stood up from the table. Immediately, everyone was watching me, and I had to suppress a blush.

“What are you doing?” Ryder asked gruffly.

Anger boiled in my stomach, but I kept a tight lid on it. “I’m human. I need to pee,” I snapped.

Sarah stood up immediately, giving me a small smile. “I’ll come with,” she said, leaning down to kiss Hunter’s cheek before she made her way to my side. I gave her a short nod, and a small smile, before we made our way out of the cafeteria.

“Okay, so what gives? Why do I feel like I have the secret service watching me at that table?” I asked as soon as the double doors had closed behind us.