Chapter twelve

Ragini was sleeping peacefully, it didn't took her long to fall into a deep sleep, yet the morning arrived too soon and she slowly opens her eyes finding two brown orbs looking at her.

Ragini blinks with her eyelashes, "Laksh?"

Laksh smiled soft but shortly, "Good morning Sunshine," a soft tone not too harsh or energetic, but enough to make her feel shy.

"Why are you still laying on the floor?" She asked while looking elsewhere just not to have eye contact with him.

"I couldn't take my eyes off you."

Ragini felt a blush, her eyes met his, "what?" So softly and surprised she looked at him.

"It's the first time I saw you sleeping in peace, no tear or nightmare. Neither an angry face, just you."

Ragini was sitting on the couch, "oh," not sure what to say, she stood up and entered the washroom. A quick shower in cold water gave her a refreshing feeling and the heat inside her was slowly leaving her.

Laksh had worn his clothes, when Ragini came out with the towel around her body, "don't you want to take a shower?"

Laksh was numb, he moved his head and tried not to look at her, "well Ragini I have a work to do, if you don't mind can you cover me?"

Ragini took her clothes, "sure, I can. Anything else?" She went behind back to the washroom and Laksh sighs on relief.

Damn, if she does this again. I will need more than a shower, has she lost her mind.

Laksh stood up and knocked on the door, "there is one thing you can do."

The door opens and she looks at him, "what?"

Laksh had closed his eyes, just in case, "I need to redo the DNA Test, could you get me their DNA samples?"

Ragini nodded, "sure. But it will take time, I have to think of a plausible explanation for it."

Laksh agreed, "okay, I'm leaving," he moved backwards till she stopped him.

"Laksh wait, you fall please open your eyes and why you closed them?"

Laksh shook his head, "I can't risk it to see you again in a towel," he felt the doorknob and rushed out of the room and then the mansion.

Ragini thought for a moment, she was shocked about herself, "I was in a towel," she realised what she had done. Well it wasn't a crime neither anything happened, it was a small mistake and he was the perfect gentleman once again.

Laksh was busy more than once, he was sometimes even missing for days.

Ragini had captured the couch and made it to her new bed while Laksh had to sleep on the ground, what he did without complaining once.

Just then, she woke up by his noise, "Laksh what is this? Why you come so late? Where have you been? I want to sleep?"

Laksh was looking at her, "Ragini just sleep." She was talking in her sleep, just changed and slept on his place right under her. He was staring at her, and thinking about the time, it's been 3 weeks now I'm here and the file hasn't arrived yet. Kev told me that the documents are sent out, but it takes time as they had been first at the notary who declared them as real and even proved my identity. Now they should arrive anytime. So much bureaucratic stuff just to prove myself, ugh.

Ragini looked at him, her eyes were fixed on him and she hide his mobile phone.

Laksh woke up, he was happy seeing her, but also scared, "good morning Ragini."

She punched him, "yes, good morning."

He moans, "why? For what was this?"

"Didn't you once said, I will be save as you are laying under me, if I fall I will fall over you?"

"Ragini, did you fallen in my absence?"

"No! But I thought you won't leave me?"

Laksh smiled, "oh Ragini that is my biggest desire not to leave you ever, but I have promised you, to find him and for that I have to stay sometimes away, but that doesn't mean I don't care for you or I'm not here to protect you. Trust me I will come along with you, whenever you need me to come over to you."

Ragini was happy, "that's great, well look," she was holding two plastic bags with toothbrushes, "one of Papa Ji and the other one is from Maa."

Laksh was numb, "wow, how?"

Ragini's smile vanished, "you remember what you just said? Coming with me whenever I need you?"

Laksh smile vanished too, "what do you want to say?"

Ragini gulped, "we are all going to Uttara's wedding to Goa! Yeah!!!"

Laksh felt like to faint, "what? Why?" He was scared and shocked, "I can't stand them, now I should be a part of her wedding? No!"

Ragini huffed, "yes, you are coming. That was the only way to get these without getting them suspicious on me. Now listen to me very carefully, I arranged it that we all as a family will travel, if I hadn't done it, you would be here with all the men and working at the Maheshwari Ltd."

Laksh shook his head wildly, "no, fine I'm coming."

Ragini took his sample and Laksh dispatched it.

"When are we leaving?"

"Tonight? I packed everything."

"No, you haven't. I will get more of my stuff."

Ragini was confused, "what you have more here?"

Laksh looked at her with a smirk, "what you think, where I could get new clothes to wear all the them?"

Ragini looked at him, "yes, right. You always have something else to wear when you return. Huh, why didn't you told me?" She hit him and he frowned at her, "why would I? I need my space."

"You just need a bed, right?"

"No..." he said in a squeaky voice.

Ragini laughs and Laksh left with a smile on his face.

In the night there was a huge bus.

Laksh looked at Ragini, "I thought they are rich, why do we have to drive by ourself?"

"Family vacation, relax," she whispered at him and he pouted.

First Sanskaar was driving and Ragini was sleeping peacefully on Laksh lap as they were at the backseats. Smart wife taking advantages of every moment, shame.

____
Do comment, vote and share