Chapter 57: Another Assignment for Cap

Sam then regrouped with Bucky.

"Sorry, I was, uh, I was texting and so, all I heard was, um, 'a Black guy in stars and stripes'," Bucky told him.

The men just chuckled at that.

"But I did record on Y/N's phone since she's got competition for badass speeches now," Bucky added.

"That was only one speech out of me compared to how many she makes," Sam smirked.

"Nice job, Cap," Bucky told him.

"Thanks," Sam responded.

Meanwhile, Y/N was fixing up Sharon's gunshot wound.

"I can't believe you're the Power Broker, Sharon," Y/N said.

"I needed to make money somehow," Sharon responded.

"There are other ways, you know," Y/N pointed out.

"Whatever. But you can't tell anyone about this," Sharon remarked.

"Look, if you find a better way to live, then I won't. But that's up to you, so don't give me a reason to tell," Y/N told her.

"We'll see if that pardon comes in," Sharon said.

"I thought you said pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be," Y/N smirked.

"Well, after getting shot, they don't hurt," Sharon lightly chuckled.

"Okay, just hold still," Y/N instructed as she finished up.

Then the men came over.

"Sharon?" Sam asked.

"Blocking her light," Sharon told him.

"We gotta get you to a hospital," Sam said.

"She's not gonna listen," Bucky remarked.

Sharon panted as she said, "It's not the worst thing that's happened to me all week."

"Told you," Bucky remarked.

"And your wife has awesome first aid training," Sharon commented.

"I don't doubt that," Bucky smirked at his wife, making her smile.

"Uh, Cap?" someone called to Sam.

"I think he's talking to you," Sharon said, breathing heavily, then added, "Look, I'm sorry for how things ended down there. For what it's worth, suit looks good on you."

Sam chuckled and responded, "Thanks."

"All right, look, can we get out of here, please?" Bucky asked.

"No matter how awesome my first aid training is, you need a real doctor," Y/N added as they made their way to the ambulance.

"I didn't forget my promise," Sam called to her then asked the man, "What's up?"

"So, we got eyes on the last Flag Smasher that fell into the Hudson. He's hurt but not down. Can you help?" the man asked.

"Always," Sam answered before taking off.

Then the car carrying the Flag Smashers blew up and the news of it reached Zemo by radio at the Raft.

And the mysterious woman who talked to Walker, Valentina, turned Walker from Captain America to U.S. Agent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well that was eventful. And hopefully Sharon won't give you a reason to say she's the Power Broker.