Chapter 2: The Comfort Zone

YUQI'S POV

I can't believe my first day in my new school was this amazing, sure I was nervous and shy at first, and now I'm already sitting to a handsome boy,wait no, a handsome man that I think he's twice the taller then me and gotta love his jaw line, god he's hot. But anyways I have to make friends with him, I have to know him, but how?

Y/N: emmm, excuse me
Yuqi: hmm?
Y/N: H-hi my name is Y/N
Yuqi: O-owh hi Y/N nice to meet you, my name is Yuqi

Well that was easy, he just talk to me and his name is Y/N, what should I do next? I can't just stop there, come on Yuqi think.

Y/N: S-so where are you from?
Yuqi: O-owh I'm from China, I was sent here by my parents for what they called "high education"
Y/N: wait no way? My parents did that to me too, that's why I'm here anyway incase you ask
Yuqi: maybe we're destined to meet each other
Y/N: maybe

I laughed a bit in surprises and he laughed with me, I like it when he's happy, wait am I already comfortable with him? This quick? Wow, he must be special. Ok now I have to say something, but what? Owh I know, I'll complement him.

Yuqi: your funny Y/N
Y/N: am I? I always thought I'm not a funny guy
Yuqi: yea you're funny
Y/N: pfft thanks, btw where do you live now?
Yuqi: owh I lived in a board house a bit far from here so I have to take a bus or a taxi to get here, what about you?
Y/N: well I lived in a board house too but it's quite near here and I used my own motorcycle to get here.

I can't believe we have so much in common and the class is over that quick, maybe because I was busy talking to Y/N, I didn't pay attention to the class.

Y/N'S POV

So it's already recess, I took out my home made guacamole and a bag of tortilla chips, should I offer her my chips? Does she have anything to eat? As I was thinking, I saw her took out her lunch box, and in it were some weird shape dumplings if I'm not wrong or if those were even dumplings.

Anyways I open my bag of tortilla chips but still thinking should I over her, but I offered her anyways, cause why not? I need to get close to her

Yuqi & Y/N: So do you want some?

We both laughed in surprise and can't believe we offered our food at the same time.

Yuqi: pfft, what a coincidence, I was just about to offer you my dim sums
Y/N: owh those are called dim sums?
Yuqi: yup, their like a traditional foods in China, and they taste really delicious too.
Y/N: wow, can I try one?
Yuqi: sure, I did offered you didn't I
Y/N: owh ya, silly me, but it's not wrong to ask again

She nods and took a pair of chopsticks and grab one of those dim sums, and face them right in front of my mouth, as if she is gonna feed me

Yuqi: here, say aaaY/N: wait, you're feeling me? Yuqi: well of course silly, these types of dim sums are a bit fragile and sticky, plus you don't wanna mess it up and get your hands dirty do you?

Yuqi: here, say aaa
Y/N: wait, you're feeling me?
Yuqi: well of course silly, these types of dim sums are a bit fragile and sticky, plus you don't wanna mess it up and get your hands dirty do you?

I just nod, and she put the dim sum nearer to my mouth.

Yuqi: here say aaaa
Y/N: I'm not so sure about this, someone might saw us
Yuqi: come one don't be shy baby boy
Y/N: wait did you just call me baby boy?
Yuqi: E-ehh sorry
Bang Chan: what's all the romance back there
Y/N: zip it Bang Chan
Bang Chan: jeez, alright don't need to be rude

She put back her dumplings down and looking down to her feet, while playing her fingers, oh no did I went to far? But she became a bit cheesy for all of the sudden, but it's also cute at the same time, I might have to apologize.

Y/N: hey Yuqi, what's wrong? Look I'm sorry for rejecting your offer, I didn't mean to
Yuqi: I-its not your fault

Wait is she crying? On her first day? I really need to do something but how?

Y/N: H-hey don't cry, what's wrong?

She just stayed quiet, what should I do? I think I should hug her or may I should just leave her alone, but at this time it's best to hug her, I mean I am trying to be a good friend right? So anyway I hugged her and lend her my shoulder.

Y/N: there there don't cry, tell what's wrong

I can feel her tears going down my neck as I pat her back gently, I wonder why she's crying? Suddenly she stops and let go of the hug.

Yuqi: I-its nothing
Y/N: I don't trust you, tell me what's wrong
Yuqi: i-its just something I remember in the past
Y/N: what do you mean?
Yuqi: I just remember about my dearest twin brother
Y/N: what happened to him?
Yuqi: he died in a car accident a few years ago
Y/N: I'm so sorry to hear that, but the past is the past, you need to move on from it and focus on your future and your present.
Yuqi: you're right, thanks Y/N you're such a good friend
Y/N: no problem, now where is the smiling princess that I know?

She smiles after hearing what I say, and my heart suddenly race like it was going on a race track, then I too my chips and dip it into my home made guacamole, and trying to feed her.

Y/N: now that's better, btw here aaa
Yuqi: pfft, what's that?
Y/N: just try it, trust me you'll love it

She nods for a while and took a huge bite, after that her eyes were wide open, and I can tell she likes it, and I just laughed.

Yuqi: it's so good, what is that? I already know the chips but what di you dip it in?
Y/N: pfft, it's just my home made guacamole, it's a type of Western dish and it's really easy to make
Yuqi: wow, so you made that your self?
Y/N: yup, I made the guacamole my self
Yuqi: no wonder it's so good, home made are always the best, now here try mine

She picks up the dumplings again and put it in front of my mouth.

(Close enough)

(Close enough)

Yuqi: here, say aaa
Y/N: pfft, ok, aaaaa

I opened my mouth and took a huge bite, after that my body froze for a second like I was in a paradise, the dim sum was delicious and the flavor is so unique. After seeing my reaction Yuqi just laughed like no ones was there, and I laughed with her.

After a good laugh we finished our lunch and continued taking until the recess is over and the next class started.